Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, Akow), 1,371 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Multiple Render-To-Texture Problem #199708
04/01/08 06:27
04/01/08 06:27
California, United States
hawkster Offline OP
hawkster  Offline OP

I've been running into a problem and it has been driving me crazy. When I'm using the render-to-texture feature in A7 Commercial by setting a view's "bmap" property and I only use one sprite, it works just fine. However, if I want to display two sprites with different views, the view with the higher layer number is displayed on BOTH sprites.

Basically what I mean is that I would like to have two remote views that I can display at the same time, one view for each sprite.

How can I go about displaying each sprite's correct view instead of having one view displayed on both sprites?

Last edited by hawkster; 04/01/08 06:35.

If it don't fit, force it wink
Re: Multiple Render-To-Texture Problem [Re: hawkster] #199710
04/01/08 06:50
04/01/08 06:50
planet.earth
ello Offline
Senior Expert
ello  Offline
Senior Expert

planet.earth
dunno, but maybe com edition only supports one rendertarget?

www.earthcontrol.de
quoted: We want to maintain a clean, decent, American family suited forum look... which means you may post zombies or chainsaw massacres, but no erotic.
(FIXED) Multiple Render-To-Texture Problem [Re: ello] #199719
04/01/08 07:15
04/01/08 07:15
hawkster Offline OP
hawkster  Offline OP

I just figured out what the problem was, and oddly enough it had nothing to do with the code.

ello, I actually started thinking that before I looked at the documentation of the "bmap" property, especially this line that caught my eye:

"Most 3D hardware can not use the same texture as render source and render target. Thus you shouldn't render directly on a entity texture that is visible in the same view."

Apparently what this means is "use a different sprite file for each render-to-texture view you want to use".

All I had to do was make another copy of the sprite file I was using, give it a different name, and add it to the level, then everything worked perfectly and both of my views render just fine. I was about ready to run my head through a wall over this thing ;\)

Last edited by hawkster; 04/01/08 07:29.

If it don't fit, force it wink

Moderated by  HeelX, Lukas, rayp, Rei_Ayanami, Superku, Tobias, TWO, VeT 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de