Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Akow), 1,403 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Super secret craziness. [Re: mpdeveloper_B] #213453
06/28/08 05:44
06/28/08 05:44
Richmond, VA (USA)
coma_dose Offline OP
coma_dose  Offline OP

Richmond, VA (USA)
Something new. I am trying out polarity, there was a shooter that I watched someone play a long time ago that had polarity, thought it was interesting. When you see an enemy with a shield of an opposite polarity you can damage she shield. If the polarity is the same, your bullets bounce. I also thought that a change in view angle was needed to make the game more open so that you can see what is coming, if this is a problem, I will switch it back. The good frame rate depends on switching enemies on and destroying them if they are off the screen and behind the player. I will test it out more.

Re: Super secret craziness. [Re: coma_dose] #213647
06/29/08 20:17
06/29/08 20:17
Richmond, VA (USA)
coma_dose Offline OP
coma_dose  Offline OP

Richmond, VA (USA)
Here is a video of the polarity in action. The same color bullets bounce, different colored bullets damge shields. Some enemies adapt their polarity to match the polarity of the bullet that just hit them, some cycle their polarity, some have static polarity. The lower angle has been changed back to a 45 degree angle because of lack of critical comments.

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm42/mith_photos/?action=view&current=polarity_pre.flv

You will also notice that the bullets move more smoothly, they accelerate once fired instead of having a constant speed. The crosshairs now extend to the edge of the move area, allowing you to better target incoming enemies. The damage that the bullets do seems random but instead is based on a minimum/maximum damage (plus a bonus) damage calculation; the same goes for explosions. The shields look cool as well.

Re: Super secret craziness. [Re: coma_dose] #214128
07/02/08 16:36
07/02/08 16:36
Richmond, VA (USA)
coma_dose Offline OP
coma_dose  Offline OP

Richmond, VA (USA)
Last post for awhile, and nothing to show for it laugh I am re-coding the game from scratch to make all the new stuff solid:

-Inventory system, equip your weapons between missions, swap weapons during a mission like a FPS (number buttons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0).

-Weapon customization, as hard as it sounds to make, it is really easy. Morrowind/Oblivion was the inspiration for this. Think "spell-maker".

-Dynamic camera, the camera is now subject to the same movement code as every entity making it easy to stop and start, speed up and slow down. Due to the entity movement subjectificationcation, jerky movement is gone.

-Level selection, 3 levels to an area. Completing 1 unlocks the next, re-visit missions that have been completed with level selection. There is a complete area (3 levels) with 1 boss at the end.

-Medal earning, at the beginning of a mission there is a list of criteria for earning medals. The medals give you special passive abilities such as damage cutting for energy damage of the same polarity.

-Player 2, at this stage, I am implementing support for 2 players. Do not expect much focus on this until I can find a creative way of making it low-impact on the players.

-Etc.

The next post will be a demo.

Re: Super secret craziness. [Re: coma_dose] #214131
07/02/08 17:01
07/02/08 17:01
Germany
Poison Offline
User
Poison  Offline
User

Germany
Sounds great canīt wait to play the next demoooo...^^ smile

Everything is possible, just Do it!
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de