Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (henrybane), 1,499 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia
19054 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
HELP!!! -Invalid Blocks Detected-recompiling with Hiprec-- ? #213617
06/29/08 13:40
06/29/08 13:40
Ohio
K
Kravenwolf Offline OP
Kravenwolf  Offline OP
K

Ohio
I'm using WED to make a prison level for my game. After I made the jail cell, I used several narrow cylinders to make the bars, and when I "build map", these warnings keep coming up (and then the bars do not appear in the test run of the level):

*NOTE* When I remove the cylinders from my map, the build map functions flawlwssly...there's a problem with the cylinders but I'm not sure what.

WARNING WO72: block 1 - plane to narrow!

-Invalid Blocks Detected-recompiling with Hiprec-- ?

WARNING WO71: block 3 - duplicate planes 5 and 1!

-Invalid Blocks Detected-recompiling with Hiprec-- ?

Can someone please tell me what's going on?? I assume the plane too narrow means that I made the bars to small of a diameter; but I need them to be that narrow...what should I do? What does duplicate planes mean? Ahh tired

I hope someone can tell me what's going on here; I need to finish my prison model by next Saturday!

-Kravenwolf

Re: HELP!!! -Invalid Blocks Detected-recompiling with Hiprec-- ? [Re: Kravenwolf] #213618
06/29/08 13:49
06/29/08 13:49
Ohio
xbox Offline
xbox  Offline

Ohio
Are you making the Bars in WED, if so try making them in med. (Just a thought) I am trying to make a prison level for my game to and i made the door in MED and imported it into WED and ran the level with no errors but When i went to the , the two bars on the outside (same size bars on the inside) were visible and the middle ones weren't. I just deleted them and thought of putting an image of a cell door there instead.

Re: HELP!!! -Invalid Blocks Detected-recompiling with Hiprec-- ? [Re: xbox] #213619
06/29/08 14:20
06/29/08 14:20
Ohio
K
Kravenwolf Offline OP
Kravenwolf  Offline OP
K

Ohio
I've been using WED. Haven't tried MED. As far as what you said, the same thing is happening with me. When I load the level, 90% of the bars aren't there. There are 1 or 2 of them that are still visable though. Hopefully someone can help us.

-Kravenwolf

Re: HELP!!! -Invalid Blocks Detected-recompiling with Hiprec-- ? [Re: Kravenwolf] #213639
06/29/08 18:43
06/29/08 18:43
Connecticut, USA
Blink Offline

Expert
Blink  Offline

Expert

Connecticut, USA
ok, i dealt with the same issue. here is the problem.... when you reduce the size of the cylinder or whatever you use to make the bars, the reduction makes the block or whatever shape too small to compile. so the level builder either re-compiles or removes it. so your best bet is to build your bars in MED. when a block is too narrow, it is either re-compiled or removed as well, so be careful with the build. good luck.

My Famous Quotes: "Hip hop is like a virus, infecting everyone and everything around it. Every form of media has some way,shape or form, assimilated hip hop into it." It has also mutated into other strains like, trip hop, house, rap, gangster, and conscious forms. Once you are infected with it, its with you for life."
Re: HELP!!! -Invalid Blocks Detected-recompiling with Hiprec-- ? [Re: Kravenwolf] #213674
06/29/08 23:58
06/29/08 23:58
C
christian Offline
christian  Offline
C

Yes you are making your cylinders to small. There is a quant limit on how small a block can be. Cylinders reach that limit much quicker because of the angled surfaces.
you really only have a few options:
Scale up your entire level so the cylinders do not have to be so small.
Use square bars, blocks scale down further then cylinders.
Use models for bars.
Simulate bars using sprites or textures.
Using cylinders for bars should actually be your last choice. It would jack up your portal count very quickly, giving you an unnecessarily large level.
models made in med or some other modeler would probably be your best choice. Use blocks if you do not know how to model.
Good luck with your deadline!

A7 com core 2, 2gb ram, geforce 7600
Re: HELP!!! -Invalid Blocks Detected-recompiling with Hiprec-- ? [Re: christian] #213707
06/30/08 09:09
06/30/08 09:09
Ohio
K
Kravenwolf Offline OP
Kravenwolf  Offline OP
K

Ohio
Blink, Christian, thanks a lot guys. I redid the cells using square bars, and it worked fine. Still got a lot of work to do, but I may reach my deadline just yet smile

-Kravenwolf

Moderated by  HeelX, rvL_eXile 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de