Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,382 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Having trouble Scaling Terrains to Objects #215716
07/12/08 23:49
07/12/08 23:49
Eugene, OR. USA
ATOMIX Offline OP
ATOMIX  Offline OP

Eugene, OR. USA
Hi all new Kid on the Block,

Hi everyone,

Well been here about 2 months, just not needed to post till now. OK I am a A7 Pro user and need a tad of help here think. We are having trouble sizing our terrains right to the rest of the game. In this case I am using L3DT terrains and have done the Tut's but when we compile with a character or buildings the scaling is way out. The terrain is very small and the character is way to large, like maybe a 100 feet high. So first we tried to scale the terrain up up to 5, but it takes such a hit on the system that can't be right, so then we tried to make the character smaller, but it messes the bones up, and he walks funny, plus the CPU hit is above 500 megs and most video cards. So before I start posting screen shots I have 2 questions.

1. I am thinking that the terrain needs to be a paged terrain in order for the terrain to be the right size as we brought them in as terrain imports, but no paging on them as yet as we were just experimenting with them. But now since we have sizing issues we are thinking that that may be a huge chuck of our delema. Are we on the right track there? or way off base?

2. And is there any Tutorials on importing paged terrains like what can be exported out of L3DT? the Tutorial I have does not talk about that, or any where else we have looked. Please pop some links maybe here for us to go check out? Or tutorials on how to page a terrain once it is in the WED part of the engine?

We have a very basic 16M map that should be 41/4 square miles or there abouts, not a postage stamp to stand on lolol ROTFL. Hay all thanks for the input before you give it /smiles....So I am not sure how the old scaling system works with the scale of this engine. But I am getting ready to use 2048 terrain maps for Huge terrains on some MMO's and some virtual worlds we are building so this has to get figured out first. We have Lots of media already to go in when I get past this. Then we will start posting screens of ATOMIX World and some screens of DeathLords for you all.

We used to work with the Torque engine and got disgusted with them on so many levels and so far this engine is hands down so much better the the TGE or TGEA engines /smiles......

ATOMIX

ATOMIX Productions
ATOMIX Group LLC
http://theatomizer.com
A7 Pro 7.50
Re: Having trouble Scaling Terrains to Objects [Re: ATOMIX] #216176
07/15/08 15:50
07/15/08 15:50
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
I have never had probelms scaling terrains. I have never experienced a 'CPU hit' for a large terrain, even for the size your talking about, so I cant help I guess. Just simply scale your terrain in WED. Thats the only advice I could give.

If you want stitched terrain though I would recommend ICE-X, you can find it here, and your terrain problems will be less. http://www.coniserver.net/ubb7/ubbthread...true#Post206354

Re: Having trouble Scaling Terrains to Objects [Re: NITRO777] #217041
07/21/08 00:50
07/21/08 00:50
Eugene, OR. USA
ATOMIX Offline OP
ATOMIX  Offline OP

Eugene, OR. USA
Hay Toluene,

Thanks you so very much for getting back on this post my new friend. Well when we did that if you watch the CPU hit the bigger the terrain the bigger the ram to run the level and we had for a while a terrain that was using 400meg video card and we had to go OK what's the deal.

But what we found in GS7 v10 that if we move the terrain over to MED then you can rescale it as big as you want without getting the CPU hit that we were getting. So if you do have trouble using WED use MED to mess with the terrain to get it to where you want it, then bring it back into WED. At least that is what we found as an answer.

However I wanted to thank you very much for posting on this and Wow Oh thankies for the link to the stitching terrain Program as that was my next step to get a 250-400 square miles of levels to work with. Taking baby steps right now to get a shake on the engine before we dive into the lake /chuckles.....

OK I need to post on another problem and it may be a bug not sure yet, so need to go post that one next to find an answer hahahhhahha.

PS: I will post some Pics soon somewhere for Ya'll soon as I have something that is worth showing off /winks.

ATOMIX

ATOMIX Productions
ATOMIX Group LLC
http://theatomizer.com
A7 Pro 7.50

Moderated by  HeelX, rvL_eXile 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de