Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (Kingware, AndrewAMD, AemStones, RealSerious3D, degenerate_762), 837 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia
19054 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
WED Won't "run" my levels #223486
08/24/08 15:44
08/24/08 15:44
A
Angelus1818 Offline OP
Angelus1818  Offline OP
A

Hello All!

I am mainly a 3D Artist/Modeler but I decided to branch out and make PC games to put my models in. You see I run a Freeware PC Gaming website, so I want to fill it with games I have made. But here is my problem...

I have purchased 3D Game Studio A7 Extra and access to the website "create 3D Games" I have updated to 7.10 if that means anything and my problem is with WED (So far) You see I am trying to make a room. Here are the steps I'm taking...

1: Open WED and click create new level.

2: go to object>add cube>large

3: Scale the cube to the size I want

4: Go to Edit>Hollow block

5: hit save as and save as "section 1 lesson 1"

6: Go to object>add position

7: Place position in the room where I want it

8: Go to build, all default settings

9: Go to run, all default settings

This where the problem occurs, It always says it can't open the wmb file or something like that. Or maybe the wbp file I don't remember sorry. Also in the tutroials when the he runs it it only says this:

-wmb

But mine says a whole line of stuff. So I changed to that, the -wmb and all i get it a black screen when i run it. Also WED seems to be running very slow. I wonder why because I have a very fast computer. It actually runs better on my laptop than my gaming desktop. But I want to use my desktop because of the power.

Any help would be great. I look forward to your responses.
Please give me time to respond to you as well as I just moved 3000 miles across the USA. So I'm very busy. Again thanks to all who help or have ideas on how to help.

P.S. I just downloaded Shade-C, will it work with the Extra edition of game studio? I hope so. I want it for my games ohh so badly. See ya!!!

Re: WED Won't "run" my levels [Re: Angelus1818] #223582
08/25/08 09:25
08/25/08 09:25
J
jpxtreme Offline
jpxtreme  Offline
J

Originally Posted By: Angelus1818

This where the problem occurs, It always says it can't open the wmb file or something like that. Or maybe the wbp file I don't remember sorry. Also in the tutroials when the he runs it it only says this:

hi, try to input the filename without spacing, also it will return an error if you just leave it 'untitled'. then try compiling and running your level it should work now.

Last edited by jpxtreme; 08/25/08 09:31.
Re: WED Won't "run" my levels [Re: jpxtreme] #223628
08/25/08 13:58
08/25/08 13:58
A
Angelus1818 Offline OP
Angelus1818  Offline OP
A

jpxtreme,

I thank you for you response!!! But sadly I am still having problems...I am doing everything the same to make my level except now I'm saving it as:

Section1Lesson1

NOT:

Section 1 Lesson 1

Maybe I misunderstood you but that's what I'm supposed to do right? If you have further insight do not let it go as I really want to start making my games now, But need WED to do so. Anyway thanks again, I look forward to your response...again.

Re: WED Won't "run" my levels [Re: Angelus1818] #223656
08/25/08 18:14
08/25/08 18:14
England
K
kitwellboy Offline
kitwellboy  Offline
K

England
Hi

I think i know your problem you might need to add a light source to block so the darkness was just because their was no light. hope this helps.

Idiots know what their talking about!!!
Re: WED Won't "run" my levels [Re: kitwellboy] #223661
08/25/08 18:43
08/25/08 18:43
A
Angelus1818 Offline OP
Angelus1818  Offline OP
A

Hey kitwellboy,

It is still dark after I had a light source...Also I am building on default build it should do the lights for me. Darn...Any more ideas? Thanks for the suggestions so far I truly to appreciate them. But sadly still can't make games! Thanks again Guys as this means alot and is crucial to my success.

Re: WED Won't "run" my levels [Re: Angelus1818] #223764
08/26/08 14:20
08/26/08 14:20
J
jpxtreme Offline
jpxtreme  Offline
J

Hey kitwellboy,

It is still dark after I had a light source...Also I am building on default build it should do the lights for me. Darn...Any more ideas? Thanks for the suggestions so far I truly to appreciate them. But sadly still can't make games! Thanks again Guys as this means alot and is crucial to my success.

is there an error or warning while compiling your level? if so, kindly post it here for us to know.

try compiling in 'build simple map' with 'create meshes' checked, run it and see if it fixes the black screen.

best regards from jp

Re: WED Won't "run" my levels [Re: jpxtreme] #223766
08/26/08 14:38
08/26/08 14:38
A
Angelus1818 Offline OP
Angelus1818  Offline OP
A

Hey jp,

Thanks for the help as it means alot wink

But I still get a black screen...and no error messages anymore. I did however try what you suggested and it compiled ok but did not show anything but darkness. If you want i'll post a screen shot of my config or make a PDF file of exactly what i'm doing and attach it the post. (If I'm allowed to attach) If not maybe I could email to you or something? It's up to you how "involved" you want to get lol. Anyway I'll make the PDF just in case...And i'll see if you'll have any use for it.

Thanks for helping though!!!! Really it means alot!!!

Re: WED Won't "run" my levels [Re: Angelus1818] #223770
08/26/08 15:34
08/26/08 15:34
J
jpxtreme Offline
jpxtreme  Offline
J

Hey jp,

Thanks for the help as it means alot wink

But I still get a black screen...and no error messages anymore. I did however try what you suggested and it compiled ok but did not show anything but darkness. If you want i'll post a screen shot of my config or make a PDF file of exactly what i'm doing and attach it the post. (If I'm allowed to attach) If not maybe I could email to you or something? It's up to you how "involved" you want to get lol. Anyway I'll make the PDF just in case...And i'll see if you'll have any use for it.

Thanks for helping though!!!! Really it means alot!!!

You can actually run and see your compiled level just by clicking the wmb file from it's directory. But by running it through the run button in WED requires you to set a script for your map in order for it to work, this is where lite-c programming will take place. Good luck!

best regards from jp

Last edited by jpxtreme; 08/27/08 00:20.
Re: WED Won't "run" my levels [Re: jpxtreme] #223893
08/27/08 14:54
08/27/08 14:54
A
Angelus1818 Offline OP
Angelus1818  Offline OP
A

Sorry it took me some time to get back to you,

Thanks for the suggestion on how to run my levels, but I have a bug up my $%^ about running them through WED itself. I feal like I paid alot of money for this program and would like it to work 100%. So If you have any more suggestions please let me know. I guess I could always email the people I got it from in the first place right? Or are you only aloud to do that with the PRO version? Ohh well I'll soon find out.

Anyway let me know if you still want that PDF file. I'll be glad to make it. In fact I already took the screenshots of all the steps i'm taking. But i'm sure you understand what i'm doing I'm just trying to make it easyer for you is all.

Thanks again guys for all the help. I will not forget your patients with me and trying to get me up and running.

P.S. I am soon upgrading from EXTRA to COMMERCIAL could this somehow fix the problem? Also I just re-installed my OS (Windows Vista x64) And it did NOT come with any of the drivers. So all I have installed are my video card and my printer. Is there a driver I need to run WED? Sorry for not mentioning this earlier....

Looking forward to your responses!

Re: WED Won't "run" my levels [Re: Angelus1818] #223898
08/27/08 15:24
08/27/08 15:24
J
jpxtreme Offline
jpxtreme  Offline
J

It's alright and welcome, I also encountered this kind of problem in my first try. But with some research and practice you can solve it. There are many tutorials here that you can refer to. Let me take a look with the PDF file that you have made, hopefully I'll be able to help you somehow.

One question though, do you already set a script for your level? if you don't know how i can help you with the basic programming stuff for you to be able to run and also view your level.

WED doesn't require any driver, it will run out of the box assuming you have already met the minimum system requirements.

Last edited by jpxtreme; 08/27/08 15:28.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  HeelX, rvL_eXile 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de