Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, Akow, degenerate_762), 1,430 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Why is there no good site for completed 3DGS games? [Re: astrophe] #228590
09/20/08 19:04
09/20/08 19:04
Ohio
A
astrophe Offline OP
astrophe  Offline OP
A

Ohio
and as i said... when i first came across 3dgamestudio... my first thought was... "oh that's cool, i wonder what games have been made with it..."

and.. as it turned out... that was a fairly difficult question to answer without a lot of work...

Re: Why is there no good site for completed 3DGS games? [Re: astrophe] #228615
09/20/08 23:03
09/20/08 23:03
Spokane, WA, USA
Vonman Offline
Vonman  Offline

Spokane, WA, USA
Quote:
when i want to know about games for the xbox, i'll go to gamespot or gamespy... there i can find lists of xbox games, i can find ratings, i can find pictures and videos... links to sites where i can buy the game or download demos... if i want movies, i can go to the imdb and look up new movies this year, or whatever, and i can find all kinds of info on the movies, i can find pics and trailers and ratings, etc, and links to where i can buy the movies if i want...

but when i go to try and find info on what 3dgs games are available, i have to wade thru a large forum (which most people aren't familiar with) looking for info. trying to look thru posts to find what info i can on some games... and it's even harder because most of the talked about stuff is newer games or games still in production... if i want to find older games i have to look thru even more stuff.... eventually i might find the link to the wiki... and on there i might find the "user projects" link, which is one of the last on the main page... and even if i DO find that page... i still have to wade thru tons of stuff that aren't even finished games... but just WIP's... but chances are, i've given up long before then...

When I read your post, it inspired me. Because of the post, i'm actualy making a website for what you were talking about, because I do the same thing... Look for stuff made with 3dgs, finished or not (mostly finished).

The site is still under construction, and for now (until it becomes more well known) it's one of those free sites.
The website is
Virtual Reality Universe

I just have to get permission from as many developers on this forum as possible to inform me of projects and completions, ect. Then it's all little additions to the site from there on.

Re: Why is there no good site for completed 3DGS games? [Re: Vonman] #228783
09/22/08 15:09
09/22/08 15:09
Ohio
A
astrophe Offline OP
astrophe  Offline OP
A

Ohio
that's cool vonman smile cool that someone is taking up the challenge...
was a good start for the site...
i'd probably refer to them as "games", not "projects"... a casual gamer who shows up might not know what "projects" is referring to....
maybe split it up between "retail games" and "free games"... and then "upcoming games"....
just my thoughts...

Re: Why is there no good site for completed 3DGS games? [Re: astrophe] #228794
09/22/08 17:20
09/22/08 17:20
Spokane, WA, USA
Vonman Offline
Vonman  Offline

Spokane, WA, USA
The origanal reason for calling them "Completed Projects" is that not all 3DGS applications are actualy games, but when you mentioned it, I guess changing it to games would probably be a better idea because any 'project' that's not actualy a game (tool,screen saver, ect) can just be sorted in a paged that is appropiately titled for such (EG: Tools <--, Cool Downloads <--, ect).

My primary purpose for the site is for anyone involved with 3DGS to have allmost everything about the 'work's in progress' and the completed applications in one site (not having to dig through AUM, forum posts, ect).

If it becomes more than such, i'm thinking of even making it a site where I can act as a retailer for games, tools, scripts, 3d art &or services ect.

Right now, the site is a freewebs.com site, but if this all works out, I will buy a domain and go further.

Re: Why is there no good site for completed 3DGS games? [Re: Vonman] #229108
09/24/08 15:12
09/24/08 15:12
Ohio
A
astrophe Offline OP
astrophe  Offline OP
A

Ohio
yeah.. you might have another section for other projects that have been done with 3dgs... but yeah, i'd definitely use the word "games" for the games section...

yeah, being a retailer isn't a bad idea... eventually... for now, i think you should just try to be an information source... like gamespot, or gamespy... maybe have google ads on there or something to raise a little money...

being a retailer might make things confusing... or complicated... some might not want you to sell their games... some games are published and the publishers wouldn't let you sell them... dunno... would take a little work to work it all out... would be kinda cool, though, to have one place to go to buy a bunch of the games made on here....

Re: Why is there no good site for completed 3DGS games? [Re: astrophe] #229721
09/29/08 21:48
09/29/08 21:48
Ohio
A
astrophe Offline OP
astrophe  Offline OP
A

Ohio
hey vonman... any more progress? haven't seen an update on the site in about a week.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  checkbutton, mk_1 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de