Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (henrybane), 1,499 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia
19054 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
(PAID) Tutor wanted to teach Game Studio basics and Texturing #231125
10/12/08 06:46
10/12/08 06:46
Ohio
K
Kravenwolf Offline OP
Kravenwolf  Offline OP
K

Ohio
(PAID!) Tutor wanted to teach Game Studio basics and Texturing

(I am sorry if this does not fit into the forum guidelines of jobs offered)

Job Description

I am looking for a freelance tutor that holds a considerable amount of knowledge regarding Game Studio--and the majority of features in it--that would be willing to teach me on a part-time basis how to use the program (primarily in level design). I've been doing what I can in my spare time to teach myself about the program (reading tutorials, etc...), but after months of reading tutorials and working through templates, I am still unable to create a game level that I can be satisfied with. I would much rather have an experienced "teacher" tutor me, and teach me what I need to know in a few months, than continue to spend countless hours trying to figure out everything on my own.

What I Want to Learn

I will more than likely need to know more than what is listed here as I progress through my level, but just to give an idea of what I wish to learn in the first several lessons--

-How to create SEAMLESS textures using GIMP, THAT DO NOT REPEAT ON A WALL SURFACE.

-How to create sprites for those wall textures that add cracks, stains, and etc to the walls, so the walls are all unique from one another.

-How to add entities such as FOG, DOORS, and etc into my level, and how to use the script templates (or create custom scripts) to make the entities work properly.

-How to create curved surfaces for archways or other monuments.

-Anything else that comes to mind during the time I am being tutored regarding level design, texturing. scripting, or other basic features of Game Studio.

Schedule
(Only 2 nights a week, no more than 3 hours a night)

My job currently gives me two days off per week (which vary from week to week), and as I have planned, I would ‘schedule’ ahead of time with the tutor to see if we can both work together on the days that I have off. If not, we can wait until the following week (I am not in any hurry). I will need the tutor as long as I am working on the game. Whenever I need help learning about something new, I will need to schedule another lesson.

Tutor MUST work over the phone, and I cannot reimburse them for their phone bill (prefer to schedule after 7pm when phone plans’ ‘unlimited nights and weekends minutes’ kick in). No more than 3 hours a night, 2 nights a week. TUTOR MUST SPEAK CLEAR ENGLISH AND LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES.

Pay Rate:

$5.50 / an hour; 3 hours a night, 2 nights a week

*Tutoring to be done over the phone; will not reimburse for phone bill! Please make sure you have an ‘unlimited long distance/nights and weekends plan’ on your phone!

Payments received via PayPal ONLY. I will transfer funds at the end of each week for the total hours worked for that week. Tutor MUST work through PayPal; it is the most secure form of payment for both parties. And again, tutor MUST work over the phone, and I cannot reimburse them for their phone bill (prefer to schedule after 7pm when phone plans’ ‘unlimited nights and weekends minutes’ kick in).

I hope I can get a dedicated user willing to help me.

Thanks,

-Kravenwolf

Last edited by Kravenwolf; 10/12/08 06:56.
Re: (PAID) Tutor wanted to teach Game Studio basics and Texturing [Re: Kravenwolf] #231162
10/12/08 15:06
10/12/08 15:06
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
I would do this.

Re: (PAID) Tutor wanted to teach Game Studio basics and Texturing [Re: lostclimate] #231223
10/12/08 23:09
10/12/08 23:09
Ohio
K
Kravenwolf Offline OP
Kravenwolf  Offline OP
K

Ohio
Originally Posted By: lostclimate
I would do this.

PM Sent.

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de