Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Purchase A8 full licence version
by jcl. 09/29/26 09:37
A3 projects
by Yopachi. 09/28/26 17:04
Parent/child object
by rayp. 09/27/26 14:43
Bug in train mode, or it seem to me
by mistery. 09/24/26 17:34
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
Dorifto samurai
Shadow 2
Rocker`s Revenge
Stug 3 Stormartillery
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, 1 invisible), 4,608 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
KelleyAbbey, Yopachi, Knull, Opus, Jubilee
19243 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Another bump mapping question #17507
09/23/03 19:43
09/23/03 19:43
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 183
BionicHero Offline OP
Member
BionicHero  Offline OP
Member

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 183
I started experimenting with the bump mapping example in a test level and now I wanted to transfer the code into my real game. But it looks totally different than in the test level. With a bmap_to_normals amplification level of 2 there is no bump mapping at all and with a level of 2.5 or higher the texture is some kind of blurred (as if 2 bump textures were rendered on top of each other).
Maybe I initialised some engine vars with different values in both projects that's why I wanted to ask what engine variables influence bump mapping? Thanks.

Re: Another bump mapping question [Re: BionicHero] #17508
09/23/03 20:21
09/23/03 20:21
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 111
france
seb_dup1 Offline
Member
seb_dup1  Offline
Member

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 111
france
I use min 4-6 , max 30 .
e.g.
bmap_to_normals(mat_bump.skin2,x);// x= 4-->30

bumpmapping's effect is clearly with these values.


Moderated by  Blink, Hummel, Superku 

Gamestudio download | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1