Executing Trades on Next Bar Open
by vicknick. 06/13/24 08:51
Zorro Beta 2.61: PyTorch
by jcl. 06/10/24 14:42
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (henrybane), 1,246 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19059 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
A flight simulator for <=5 contest #237396
11/19/08 23:13
11/19/08 23:13
Spokane, WA, USA
Vonman Offline OP
Vonman  Offline OP

Spokane, WA, USA
Though there was plenty of time from start to deadline in the 5 mb contest, I started a few days before deadline!

Since one of the contest rules is that the demo must be <= 5mb, I decided to make a game that you would'nt think could be made with only 5mb, thats how I came up with this game...

But making a "world" out of 5mb is'nt really the only thing, it also had to have some kind of challenge for the player, so I added overcast clouds and fog.
The "challenge" is to land the plane on the runnway -harder than it may seem (especial when the fog level is set to hard!).

You will start ABOVE a cloud layer of overcast clouds, when you pitch down and fly into it, visibility will go to 0.
A few moments later (probably about 10-15 seconds), you will be below the overcast clouds and should see the ground.

You may not be able to see the runnway yet, but at the start of the game, you are facing the runnway, the only turning you have to do is to better align yourself with the CENTER of the runnway (you start off a little offset).

I could'nt make all the instruments work for a couple reasons, I did'nt have enough space (it would go over 5mb), and I did'nt have the time.
For that reason, I at least made an "instrument landing system" or ILS.

When the horizontal bar is centered with the green part of the vertical bar, you are on the right descend slope (you are descending the approximate rate to be on the ground by the time you pass the first part of the runnway).

When the vertical bar is centered, that means you are alighned with the direction of the runnway.

This is my VERY first game ever, and also my very first contest entry.
I don't think I could beat the "Lite-C and Newton" demo entry, but I think i'm not tooo far.

One thing to note, this game is not as easy as the youtube video with fog set to hard (press 1).
Anyone who can land the plane even at medium difficulty has got some skill!

And one more thing, I forgot to mention it in the readme.txt, but you can look right and left by pressing either A or D, you can return to the cockpit by pressing 3 (above E). (however this might cause the fog to go to easy, I forgot to fix this in time sry)

Here's the video

Here's the link to the game.

http://www.coniserver.net/coni_users/web_users/pirvu/au/demo/zips/flight.zip

Re: A flight simulator for <=5 contest [Re: Vonman] #267770
05/26/09 07:22
05/26/09 07:22
Southern Oceans
KiwiBoy Offline
KiwiBoy  Offline

Southern Oceans
That is so cool!
The indicator/cross thingy is amazing, I just kept my eye on that mostly.

Use the 'manual' Luke, the manual is your friend. 'Self reminder' smile

My WebPage
Re: A flight simulator for <=5 contest [Re: KiwiBoy] #267813
05/26/09 11:37
05/26/09 11:37
take me down to the paradise c...
Cowabanga Offline
Expert
Cowabanga  Offline
Expert

take me down to the paradise c...
Yeah, it's great!

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de