Hi! I need someone to code isometric prototype engine. I'm not much into isometric so I decided to hire someone to make
some basics, and then I'll continue on myself. PM with how much You would like to get paid for complete project, we will discuss
safe payment method via PayPal (or Western Union) later. Now, regarding whats need to be done:

In short:

I need layer depth-sorting.
I need isometric grid behind images.
Easy grid-filling solution.

In long:

1. Graphic part. I'll render all graphics in 3D program, using orthographic camera. They will be not tile based, but layer based. Here
is suggested picture.

I render back walls, middle objects, front walls separately (png with alpha transparency) and You make them depth
sorted just fine. I'm open to any suggestions on how to make this project easier, because I assume that You know some techniques to
force it depth sorted properly, and can adjust my graphical rendering to Your needs.
Basically, it will have to mimic Fallout 2 engine, see its screen shots to get idea of how it works. Afcourse, all I need from You
on this stage is clever layer placement and depth sorting, nothing else.

2. Grid-part. You have to script some grid behind actual images. In my graphic renders I'll use 10X10cm squares.

So, You job it so transfer such grid to engine. Every cell should have its position. And when I'll move mouse pointer around screen,
I should see every cell coordinates below [row,column] in debug output. Well, You get the picture. Also, when I move camera, it should
be synchronized with grid. Grid should move along with camera properly in all directions.

3. Grid-filling.
By this I mean... Well, imagine I have my rendered game scene. Now, I have to actually fill every cell with information about it.
Doing it by hand is insane. The way I can think is: Behind actual rendered image, I have extra one hidden image. Every cell on it has
in unique color. So, when mouse pointer moves around screen, it reads color data from this hidden image. Or maybe something more clever
You might think about?

So, in final project You deliver I want to see some clever depth sorting (when I do not need to render many objects of scene seperatly.
Generally, I prefer about 4 renders: 1st for floor, 2nd for back walls, 3rd for middle objects (will later divide every object in
photoshop), 4rd for front walls), and I want to have fully working isometric grid behind those graphic panels. By fully working, I
mean every cell will react to mouse differently, and with possibility for me to easy fill every cell with information. Aproxx. how many
cells should be on screen You can see from the image above.

Well, any extra questions via PM.

Regards,
Konstantin.

Last edited by RyuMaster; 11/22/08 22:58.

What kills me not, that makes me stronger.

***Working on RPG/RTS***