Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (bdgogo), 1,447 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19056 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
When will this end??? #240600
12/11/08 17:36
12/11/08 17:36
Newport, N.C.
D
David Offline OP
David  Offline OP
D

Newport, N.C.
I am a busy person and travel much. I started using 3DGS with Ver 3.2 and have enjoyed upgrading each Version since,,,until NOW !!!
It was easier in Version 5 to find all my folders and equipment for my game, now with this Ver 7 and this t7 stuff, it is very difficult to find all my scripts and components.

I like using the Templates to get an idea how everything is laid out, but now it seems I can not find all the parts and I get lost trying to locate all the files used in the "OUTDOOR" template.
I like to replace my SCENES/LEVELS with the ones in the Templates.
I can't seem to do it now, everything is scattered here and there and the simplicity of 3DGS has gone out the door!!!

Are we going to see even more "scattered" files and folders in the next version? I hope not.. Get back to the BASICS guys so a person does not have to be a "rocket scientist" to put a quick game together...

venting,,venting,,venting,,...

Now that that is off my chest...

I would like some help isolating where all the files used in the "Outdoor" template are located or supposed to be located so I can replace the Template scenes and items with my items.
A "tree" of the "branches" where the folders and sub folders are.

I want to keep the ACTIONS and all BEHAVIOR, I just want to change the scenes with mine, then go on from there with a few different actions and capabilities.

1 other QUICKIE HERE.. I want to change the HEIGHT of the 1st person view. The template has my eyes about 1 - 2 feet off the ground.
Which folder and file is this made in?

Re: When will this end??? [Re: David] #240748
12/12/08 10:17
12/12/08 10:17
Spirit Offline

Spirit  Offline

I can feel with you, the templates have become a mess over the years.

A5 template system was easy to understand and modify.

A6 template system had better features, but was overly complicated and hard to modify.

Now A7 template system with XML templates took ages to come out, and is in theory a very advanced system but in reality has less features than A6, is inflexible and impossible to modify. No wonder Doug had to go after delivering this system. I wish they would go back to the A6 system, but less complicated and with lite-C.

Re: When will this end??? [Re: Spirit] #240773
12/12/08 13:07
12/12/08 13:07
İstanbul, Turkey
Quad Offline
Senior Expert
Quad  Offline
Senior Expert

İstanbul, Turkey
i really wonder how that "racing template" will be.(see forecast page %75)

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de