Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, TraderTom, Akow), 1,388 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
thinking of getting gamestudio #242757
12/25/08 15:37
12/25/08 15:37
A
Albedo Offline OP
Albedo  Offline OP
A

I tried a trial version of Gamestudio about a year ago and now I'm thinking of getting it, I'd appreciate it if someone could first clear up a couple of issues for me...

First of all, if I get one version, is there a way to upgrade to a better version later, or do I have to buy a better version at full price? If this is the case, what is the best version of gamestudio for someone who is not sure that they are going to use it that much, but also don't want to be limited in the future if they do decide to use it alot (Does this question even make sense?) ?

Also, last time I checked this website it was very difficult to find help related to gamestudio, many tutorials were either in german or were outdated, with code that didn't work with current versions. Is this still the case? If I do get 3dgs, will there be enough information available for me to be able to use it? (By use it I mean actually program parts of the game, not just building generic levels.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: thinking of getting gamestudio [Re: Albedo] #242759
12/25/08 15:45
12/25/08 15:45
İstanbul, Turkey
Quad Offline
Senior Expert
Quad  Offline
Senior Expert

İstanbul, Turkey
First Question, you can upgrade to a upper edition with some discount later.

at this page : http://www.conitec.net/english/gstudio/order7.php

the third price line is for prices of the upgrade from lower edition.

If you dont want to be limited and not sure if you are going to use alot, get commerical version ($199?).

getting help. Forum is always here. You can check latest AUM's(older aums uses older versions), and the lite-c workdhop, other than that, there is a lot of open sourced complete games which you can learn from. And the manual, it's great, one of the best documenting style i ever saw.

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de