Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (NnamueN, 1 invisible), 1,489 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia
19054 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Objects with moving vertex - physics? #244501
01/05/09 06:57
01/05/09 06:57
Brasil - RS
D
DiegoFloor Offline OP
DiegoFloor  Offline OP
D

Brasil - RS
Hi people!
Since I'm a beginner I was a little unsure where to post this. (there's a beginners subforum)

Anyway, my little problem: I wanted to make a sphere that has every vertex moving a little bit with different frequencies. It was a huge pain in the butt to make this work! laugh And.. (Deep down I was pretty sure this wasn't gonna work!) apply physics to the object.

I know, I have to disable physics in order to change such properties. So I did. I made it turn physics off, change the object and, very reluctantly, turn it on again. Not surprising, it didn't work. Obviously, I'm not suposed to turn it back on! :P

Any ideas? Maybe this 'newton' I read so much about in this forum can deal with moving vertex?

Thanks!

Re: Objects with moving vertex - physics? [Re: DiegoFloor] #248370
01/26/09 13:00
01/26/09 13:00
MMike Offline
Serious User
MMike  Offline
Serious User

the shpere is moving its vertices, according to what? to some physics?

try to attack to every vertice a tiny box, and make the shpere passable, then allow physics to those tiny box, that vertices are then moved accordding to those boxes...
just an idea..

i think i used that to .. cloth simulation

Re: Objects with moving vertex - physics? [Re: MMike] #248430
01/26/09 20:33
01/26/09 20:33
Brasil - RS
D
DiegoFloor Offline OP
DiegoFloor  Offline OP
D

Brasil - RS
Thanks for the reply MMike. It's been a long time since I posted, but I'm still interested in this issue. smile

The movements are not physics based. The verticies of the sphere are directly manipulated. I belive it's possible to attach a physics object to a non physics moving object, right? If so, that might do the trick!

Re: Objects with moving vertex - physics? [Re: DiegoFloor] #248701
01/28/09 18:04
01/28/09 18:04
Brasil - RS
D
DiegoFloor Offline OP
DiegoFloor  Offline OP
D

Brasil - RS
Ok then! I'm almost there smile

What I'm doing: created a level with an array of tiny triangles shaping a sphere (as if they were vertices). In the script, I created an additional triangle entity called pivot and positioned it in the center of the sphere. All the other triangles have the same action applied, so they are now physical objects and are constrained to 'slide' in the axis defined by the pivot.

Problem: Inside this action, the line: phcon_add(PH_SLIDER, pivot, me); is causing trouble... without it, the program runs nicely. everything falls down just like we would expect. But with this line, the software still runs with no error message at all! But with no physics. Everything just stands in their initial position. (even additional test objects don't move!)

I assume that command line is wrong. But then, how can I add a constraint inside an action to all those triangles, so they all move accordingly to an extra triangle (pivot)?

Re: Objects with moving vertex - physics? [Re: DiegoFloor] #248866
01/29/09 17:18
01/29/09 17:18
Brasil - RS
D
DiegoFloor Offline OP
DiegoFloor  Offline OP
D

Brasil - RS
Quote:
how can I add a constraint inside an action to all those triangles, so they all move accordingly to an extra triangle (pivot)?

Never mind that. I have a new problem now! laugh

Moderated by  HeelX, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de