Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, chrissierra), 1,306 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19057 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
"Stacki" Minigame #303257
12/27/09 13:57
12/27/09 13:57
/www/europe/ germany/index.php
TSG_Torsten Offline OP

User
TSG_Torsten  Offline OP

User

Hi everyone,

I've developed a small game which I want to show you. It's nothing special.
It's called Stacki (from "Stack) and well, you've to build a skyscraper as high as you can.
Drop the single blocks on top of another and try to create the highest building.
Some screens:

(Artwork from the game)

(Ingame Screenshot)

(Menu look)

If you want to give it a try, you can get it here:
Download

May you can beat my score which is about 30 blocks tongue

There are no settings available (since they're not needed wink ), you only have the ability to insert your results in the local highscores.

C&C are also welcome of course.

Regards
TSGames

Re: "Stacki" Minigame [Re: TSG_Torsten] #303258
12/27/09 14:55
12/27/09 14:55
Berlin, Germany
S
SchokoKeks Offline
User
SchokoKeks  Offline
User
S

Berlin, Germany
I never made it past 2 points, i had higher towers but they collapsed too easy frown

and I found a bug: the game often crashes after i entered my name, when trying to display the highscores. i think it only happens the second time i enter my name, it works right the first time i do it. when I'm starting the game again, the highscore where it crashes still got entered. I'm using windows xp on a very slow EEE pc, but the game runs perfectly.

Re: "Stacki" Minigame [Re: SchokoKeks] #303259
12/27/09 15:10
12/27/09 15:10
TSG_Torsten Offline OP

User
TSG_Torsten  Offline OP

User

Originally Posted By: SchokoKeks
and I found a bug: the game often crashes after i entered my name, when trying to display the highscores. i think it only happens the second time i enter my name, it works right the first time i do it. when I'm starting the game again, the highscore where it crashes still got entered. I'm using windows xp on a very slow EEE pc, but the game runs perfectly.

Thanks for playing! Well, I can't recognize your bug. But may you could tell me if your entered name has any special chars like ", ' or something else? It would also nice if you could PM me the content of the file "scores.db".

Regards
TSGames

Re: "Stacki" Minigame [Re: TSG_Torsten] #303265
12/27/09 15:36
12/27/09 15:36
Germany, Magdeburg
Rei_Ayanami Offline
Expert
Rei_Ayanami  Offline
Expert

Germany, Magdeburg
Hey,

nice game, it'S really hard tongue

i can also confirm this bug, after second play, my name is already written, the game chrashes...

Re: "Stacki" Minigame [Re: Rei_Ayanami] #303271
12/27/09 16:21
12/27/09 16:21
Germany
Scorpion Offline
Serious User
Scorpion  Offline
Serious User

Germany
got up to 15 - then some blocks felt down and one stacked on it's edge, so it was impossible to put a new block on it properly. physics doesn't always do what you want. But it's a nice little game, if you could make it more appealing, maybe having some cool background instead of a skybox, which you can discover, when going higher and higher =) or maybe some different blocks and a more interesting start area.

keep up the good work!
Scorpion

Re: "Stacki" Minigame [Re: Scorpion] #303300
12/27/09 23:00
12/27/09 23:00
Kiel (Germany)
Superku Offline
Senior Expert
Superku  Offline
Senior Expert

Kiel (Germany)
Nicely done!
My highscore is 35 blocks wink
The gamestudio community could use more games of this type.
The game crashes for me too when I enter my name after the second try.
(And I think you have included an old version of the game, "Stapeln.zip" is in the installation folder.)

Besides I don't like setup files, a *.zip archive would be better !

Last edited by Superku; 12/27/09 23:02.

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends
Re: "Stacki" Minigame [Re: Superku] #303339
12/28/09 11:07
12/28/09 11:07
TSG_Torsten Offline OP

User
TSG_Torsten  Offline OP

User

Originally Posted By: Scorpion
got up to 15 - then some blocks felt down and one stacked on it's edge, so it was impossible to put a new block on it properly. physics doesn't always do what you want.

I know the bug which is occured, and I also hate it. I'm still trying to fix it, checking the tilt and roll continously until it has a small value, I've updated this in the latest upload, hope it will work...

Originally Posted By: Scorpion
if you could make it more appealing, maybe having some cool background instead of a skybox, which you can discover, when going higher and higher =) or maybe some different blocks and a more interesting start area.

Thats a good idea! I also have thougt about different scenario, for example to stack gifts beside a christmas tree or boxes of beer in a large hall - there are no limits wink
But I'm a programmer, not a good modeller/level-designer. So I don't know if something like this will ever be done.

Originally Posted By: Superku
My highscore is 35 blocks wink

Oh no, you've beat me wink

The game crashes for me too when I enter my name after the second try.

Well, it seems for me that this crash is dependent on the operating system. I guess anyone who get this runs Windows XP?! I don't have XP here for testing it, but I also can't understand why the os could lead to this crash. If some of you could still send me his/her "scores.db", this would be fine.

(And I think you have included an old version of the game, "Stapeln.zip" is in the installation folder.)

Oh, yes, you're right, I'll remove this old archive from the setup. Thanks for finding this wink

Besides I don't like setup files, a *.zip archive would be better !

You're absolutely right at this point. If I give a game or ressource away for the forum, I'm mostly also using zip-files because it's better for the registry wink
But in this case, I've published this game also for the whole visitors of my website. And well, some of them don't able to extract a zip-file correctly (it sounds funny, but it's the truth). So I've decided to make a small installer. But don't worry, the installer doesn't insert something in your registery expecting the install-information itself wink

Regards
TSGames

Last edited by TSG_Torsten; 12/28/09 18:42.
Re: "Stacki" Minigame [Re: TSG_Torsten] #303345
12/28/09 11:40
12/28/09 11:40
Flevoland, 5 meters under wate...
Roel Offline
Roel  Offline

Flevoland, 5 meters under wate...
Quote:
Well, it seems for me that this crash is dependent of the operating system. I guess anyone who get this runs Windows XP?! I don't have XP here for testing it, but I also can't understand why the os could lead to this crash. If some of you could still send me his/her "scores.db", this would be fine.

I ran the game on windows vista, and I did not get the crash after entering my name the second time. so you might be true.
by the way, my highest score was 19 laugh

Check out the throwing game here: The throwing game
Re: "Stacki" Minigame [Re: Roel] #303354
12/28/09 12:24
12/28/09 12:24
TSG_Torsten Offline OP

User
TSG_Torsten  Offline OP

User

Originally Posted By: Roel
I ran the game on windows vista, and I did not get the crash after entering my name the second time. so you might be true.
by the way, my highest score was 19 laugh

Yeah, it seems that the crash actually only occurs on xp machines.
When I tested it on Windows 7, I've get this crash in on of the first tests because of a failure in the file, which should not occure anymore because I've fixed that. And I don't understand why this behaviour now occours on xp-systems, very strange crazy

Just off topic, does anyone know if the engine may able to include another windows.h on xp machines? I don't think that this it possible, isn't it?

Regards
TSGames

Re: "Stacki" Minigame [Re: TSG_Torsten] #303647
12/30/09 23:24
12/30/09 23:24
USA , NY
msmith2468 Offline
msmith2468  Offline

USA , NY
its a fun little game good job.
i got 20
my only complaint is that its not in English
any chance of an English version?

good job i like it

Mikes Wicked Games

www.mikeswickedgames.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de