Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Akow, TipmyPip, tomaslolo), 788 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Can't see selected vertices in MED #307249
01/28/10 05:13
01/28/10 05:13
Arkansas, USA
W
willjones Offline OP
willjones  Offline OP
W

Arkansas, USA
OK, so this is a newbie question... I can't figure out how to view selected vertices when in vertex mode. I'm going through the MED tutorial (inside a WED tutorial from the game design tutorial on the downloads page). This is the one where you are supposed to make this monster that looks like a microchip with a scorpion tail. Anyway I pretty much just started it. I've added the cube and the first leg and now the tutorial tells me to use the Weld tool to "weld the furthest vertices into one point". So, I selected the face just fine, but as soon as I click the button to switch back to vertex mode all the red disappears and apparently my face is no longer selected! Okay, so I try to select individual vertices with the select mode clicked and vertex mode button clicked, but if I am selecting something I see no visual indication of it! So, finally I try setting vertex mode, acting like I am selecting a face and then clicking the weld button. Although, I never see any yellow or red dots to show vertex selections the process works and the points are pulled together into a single point! I'm still frustrated though because in the picture on the tutorial it shows little yellow dots on the vertices. I see no yellow dots on mine. Granted I'm using A7 and the tutorial is for A6, but I don't know if that matters or not. When I open the skin editor and add skins I can see yellow dots for vertices and they turn red when selected, but this is not so in MED for some reason. I tried depressing "Show 2D Vertices Ticks", "Show 3D Vertices Ticks" and "Show Vertices" but nothing changed. I'm not sure what those buttons are supposed to do. Please enlighten me as to what I'm doing wrong here if I want to be able to see vertices and tell which ones I'm selecting when I try to select vertices while working in vertex mode with MED.

Thanks.

[A7 Commercial]
Re: Can't see selected vertices in MED [Re: willjones] #307376
01/28/10 21:07
01/28/10 21:07
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
In MED and in Skin Editor theway of choosing a vertex is identical.

Only things I can think of:
- Look at 'File' --> 'Preferences' --> 'Misc' and increase the 'Vertex Size', it should be 3, at least.
- Look at 'File' --> 'Preferences' --> 'Video Out', and click the button under video out, to choose different render settings.
- Did you download the last version from the download site?

Re: Can't see selected vertices in MED [Re: Pappenheimer] #307569
01/30/10 05:54
01/30/10 05:54
Arkansas, USA
W
willjones Offline OP
willjones  Offline OP
W

Arkansas, USA
(Yes, I downloaded the latest version...) OK, I actually discovered the solution to this problem by accident when trying to correct a blue screen of death (windows stop) error that came up on my computer. A little history... originally I couldn't see anything in MED or WED. No grid lines or anything. When I tried to create a cube or something nothing would happen. Then I discovered by switching to an older driver dll with File->Preferences->Video Out I could see grid lines again and all was well. Later on I came across this problem where I noticed I couldn't see vertex points and therefore posted this question. Then today I got a blue screen while working on a model in MED. It said an error occurred with the ialmrnt5 driver. After investigating this I realized my video driver was rather old and that others had indicated seeing this blue screen when working with 3D graphics applications using my driver. The recommendation was to upgrade to the latest video driver. So, I did this and afterward I realized I could switch my File->Preferences->Video Out back to what it was initially set to by default (the latest driver dll). After updating my video driver and setting this dll driver option in MED and WED to the latest one I could finally see the yellow vertex points!

Thanks for your help...

[A7 Commercial]

Moderated by  HeelX, rvL_eXile 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de