Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Akow, 1 invisible), 1,423 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Logos [Re: fogman] #374637
06/20/11 16:55
06/20/11 16:55
USA
RealSerious3D Offline
RealSerious3D  Offline

USA
Quote:
Logo's are just a distraction from the game itself.

No. Not really. No more so than logos are a distraction from a movie or TV program. They all have them. They are on your CD's that you purchase to listen to music, on your food packaging, on your vehicle ... on just about everything. If you are this easily distracted, then perhaps you should find out about taking some meds. wink

Quote:
Plus its an advertising scheme to boost sales for the engine.

And there is a problem with that? All logos are a form of advertising for the company that makes the product. That Nike swoosh does the same thing on the side of someone's shoe. So does that Chevrolet emblem on the back of someone's Camaro. I fire up a modern game and am hit with several logos right from the get go. It does not matter if it is a game made with the Unreal engine or id's latest and greatest, the game engine will be advertised via it's logo. They are all doing the same thing: pushing their product.

Quote:
I see money is not enough for such companies! They obviously want more.... *shaking head*

Hello? What planet do you live on? The entire purpose of a company is to ... gasp ... make money. That's what they are in business to do. In order to make money, they need to increase sales. This means that people need to be aware that their product exists. A logo at the beginning of a game does just that. If sales of the engine continues then so does development. And continued development benefits all that use the product.

Re: Logos [Re: RealSerious3D] #374880
06/22/11 09:29
06/22/11 09:29
kleines Kaff irgendwo in Hesse...
Kitsu Offline
Kitsu  Offline

in games produced by big companies you have the logo of the developer team, the logo of the publisher, often the nvidia logo (if physx are used), a logo of the engine (i don't promise that the order is right^^) ... even the rpg-maker has them
anyway .. does it hurt you if you show a logo of the engine for a few seconds?
it will help the developers of our engine so imho nothing speaks against showing it laugh

btw i've just made a good looking logo and am currently working on the animation (...stupid perfectionism i cant let it be as it is until its be best i can do^^")
you can find it here: User Recources / A8 Logo (and sorry for the self-advertising, hope you can excuse this^^)

fogman: "Hint: Itīs useful to learn to read before you try to write games."
Re: Logos [Re: Kitsu] #374897
06/22/11 11:54
06/22/11 11:54
None
F
Flea Offline OP
Flea  Offline OP
F

None
A product sells itself not the logo! As for money its nothing more than paper to me. The kind you wipe your arse with!

I can't be bothered with your arrogance and sarcastic ways....like most of those that live in this forum. Hence the reason why most never buy or use this engine anymore. Because of so called COWBOYS who think the sunshines out of their so called arses! In my opinion and like many others you can live in this corner of the so called Internet and fester in your own VOMIT for i don't need your bullshit infecting my life! The less COWBOYS in this world the better!!!!!

So you can stick the LOGO where the sun don't shine for i have no need for it!

Re: Logos [Re: Flea] #374907
06/22/11 12:43
06/22/11 12:43
Kitsu Offline
Kitsu  Offline

you're right the quality of a product is essential but what if noone knows about?
you can have the best engine/game ever but if noone knows about you'll never see a cent.
the people have to know that you (your product) exist if you want to sell anything

Last edited by Kitsu; 06/22/11 12:47.

fogman: "Hint: Itīs useful to learn to read before you try to write games."
Re: Logos [Re: Flea] #374910
06/22/11 12:48
06/22/11 12:48
T
the_clown Offline
User
the_clown  Offline
User
T

Originally Posted By: Flea
A product sells itself not the logo! As for money its nothing more than paper to me. The kind you wipe your arse with!

I can't be bothered with your arrogance and sarcastic ways....like most of those that live in this forum. Hence the reason why most never buy or use this engine anymore. Because of so called COWBOYS who think the sunshines out of their so called arses! In my opinion and like many others you can live in this corner of the so called Internet and fester in your own VOMIT for i don't need your bullshit infecting my life! The less COWBOYS in this world the better!!!!!

So you can stick the LOGO where the sun don't shine for i have no need for it!

If money is nothing more than paper to you, why do you even care to create a product with the intention to sell it? And if you don't want to be bothered with answers to your questions, why even ask them? And if you don't like Acknex, what the heck are you doing in this forum?

Re: Logos [Re: fogman] #374911
06/22/11 12:53
06/22/11 12:53
Finland
Inestical Offline
Rabbit Developer
Inestical  Offline
Rabbit Developer

Finland
Originally Posted By: fogman
The big splashscreen was required back in A6.

I'm becoming old with old info, even though I've been only 6 years on the forums.

"Yesterday was once today's tomorrow."
Re: Logos [Re: Inestical] #374926
06/22/11 14:59
06/22/11 14:59
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
Flea's a so called troll.

Asked a question.
Ignored the correct answer and made a negative comparison with so called Unity.
Comparison with so called Unity was incorrect (I could be wrong but I think the lack of logo mention in Unity's so called EULA is because the logo at start is automatic and something the user need not concern themselves with).

Flea hates so called logos. Flea doesn't want to spend money so that no so called logo will be shown in so called A8. Same deal for so called Unity. Flea should find another so called engine.

I don't think this so called thread needs any more so called posts. You all know how it goes: Don't feed the (so called?) troll.

Jibb

Appendix by JustSid: Jibb is right, thread is closed now. If someone wants this thread reopened and has good reasons for this: PM me!

Last edited by JustSid; 06/22/11 15:38.

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  aztec, Blink, HeelX 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de