Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 984 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia
19053 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
free .mdl models website #424951
06/24/13 17:21
06/24/13 17:21
Only in your imagination!
The_KING Offline OP
The_KING  Offline OP

I know that many members asked for this before and many others introduced some links

But when I try one of the websites given by them ,that doesn't succeed in the end for many reasons except in rare cases ,so I'd like to know a site that introduces FREE .mdl models and I need this site in English

[EDITED] Re: free .mdl models website [Re: The_KING] #424954
06/24/13 17:31
06/24/13 17:31

M
Malice
Unregistered
Malice
Unregistered
M

It is easier to find free *.fbx files. You get the free converter from autodesk and converter them to 2010 format and than you can import them to MED and save out as a *.mdl. turbosquid.com have some free file. I will see if I can dig up some link real quick and provide links to the thing I posted here.

EDIT* A note about working with models - It can be some work to modify a model to work with 3dgs. It is hard to find models that are to say plug and play. You will need to spend a little time learning the tricks and tips for getting model ready for 3dgs. But this is good even if you are not going to be the project artist because many times you will need a understanding of how to incorporate outside produced models.

This site is great if you want to spend a little money. You get models you can use and good support. http://www.dexsoft-games.com/ of course you could find this one on the forum already. For designing a project I get two or three paid models and use those. When the final phase of production comes then I save my pennies made fill a wish list. The great thing is once you have a model you can use it for designing many games till you have to finally replace it with a model that fits the project. ALWAYS back up your models... I've had to pay twice and I hate that...

The AU SITE has free mdls, great for testing. Can't bet free..! I have many time used this TEST_DUMMY MODEL.

Even if you are not making models, having a modeling program(not MED) to animate them with new animation sets is key and not to hard to learn. Plus if at the end of your project you want to replace a model with a custom one build for you, having even a bad example of the animate can help the artist create a really good models with less description and redo's

Teaming up with a artist is very helpful. I was thinking about fishing artist forums to see if I can get some students to post for practice or paid work here in this forum.

Last edited by Malice; 06/24/13 18:12.
[EDITED] Re: free .mdl models website [Re: ] #424961
06/24/13 18:43
06/24/13 18:43
Canadian, Eh
DLively Offline
Serious User
DLively  Offline
Serious User

Canadian, Eh
You can try:

http://www.loopix-project.com/
www.turbosquid.com -> learn to import its easy (three clicks in MED)

There was one more but I can't remember it tongue when I do ill post it.

But I agree with Malice - Learn how to import export and you will never worry about finding models.

A8 Pro 8.45.4
YouTube: Create Games For Free
Free Resources: www.CGForFree.com
Re: free .mdl models website [Re: The_KING] #425000
06/25/13 10:47
06/25/13 10:47
The_KING Offline OP
The_KING  Offline OP

I have a problem

When I try to import .fbx or .obj file into MED ,the skin doesn't appear or the skin turns into undesirable color completely

For example, I have a .fbx tank model. When I import it into MED ,the tank appears as completely "orange" without the appropriate skin. Maybe it is because of selecting the wrong options in the import window

PEACE

Re: free .mdl models website [Re: The_KING] #425044
06/25/13 19:46
06/25/13 19:46

M
Malice
Unregistered
Malice
Unregistered
M

Import the model. Than go to OBJECTS drop list --> manage skins --> skin settings --> texture file --> load the skin here.

You did nothing wrong , you always have to load the skins manually when importing a *.fbx file and other type to. It is because the *.fbx has a hard coded file location for the skin, which only exist on the system the model was created on. Super stupid and a lot of work to strip out of the *.fbx file. But it's easy to assign or set skins in MED.

Search for some tutorials about using MED. If I get time I put a link if I can find one.

Last edited by Malice; 06/25/13 19:51.
Re: free .mdl models website [Re: ] #425056
06/25/13 23:12
06/25/13 23:12
The_KING Offline OP
The_KING  Offline OP

OK. Thanks.

Re: free .mdl models website [Re: The_KING] #425060
06/25/13 23:49
06/25/13 23:49

M
Malice
Unregistered
Malice
Unregistered
M

Your welcome, keep up the hard work you are learning fast.

Re: free .mdl models website [Re: ] #425389
07/03/13 21:53
07/03/13 21:53
The_KING Offline OP
The_KING  Offline OP

But, there is a problem....

All the websites I looked for offer VERY HIGH quality models that I need much time to even import them (I don't have a super video card)....

I'd like to know a website that offers models with quality as low as they can be used and edited in MED fast (at most of size 5MB ,not 34 or 50MB!!)

And I don't mean using the search engine to find models that come to my needs 'cause if I did that ,only few models will appear in search results. I need a site with ALL of its models having not VERY HIGH quality ,but low or even medium quality and of course for free (my game is not commercial). Or you can tell me a way that enables me to make these models with suitable quality (suitable no. of vertices, polygons...etc.).

Thank you for reading and any help will be appreciated

Re: free .mdl models website [Re: The_KING] #425390
07/03/13 21:58
07/03/13 21:58
Alberta, Canada
C
CanadianDavid Offline
CanadianDavid  Offline
C

Alberta, Canada
Aside from the sites already posted in this thread, if you're looking for really low quality models then it may be worth learning to make 3d models yourself!

I know I would only pay for models if they were high quality. If they were low quality I might as well make them myself!

Re: free .mdl models website [Re: CanadianDavid] #425403
07/04/13 07:36
07/04/13 07:36
Budapest
sivan Offline
Expert
sivan  Offline
Expert

Budapest
you can get vegetation models and textures from my editor pack. free. the only hard stuff to find for free is well animated human/animal characters. but you can get placeholders from games which feature modding tools, until you learn modelling.

Free world editor for 3D Gamestudio: MapBuilder Editor
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  adoado, checkbutton, mk_1, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de