Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, Akow, 1 invisible), 1,417 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: fragMotion - character animator [Re: Orange Brat] #38412
08/12/05 12:30
08/12/05 12:30
Hamburg, Germany / Springfield...
Andreas C Offline
Andreas C  Offline

Hamburg, Germany / Springfield...
Quote:

Here's good news for Wings users. I made the request and fragmo has added .wings format import to his todo list. He's also planning on 3DS import and I suggested that he test the Wings flavor of 3DS given it is a popular free program. I don't know if he'll accomodate, but I'm happy we'll be able to get something made in Wings into it one day.

That will be a good thing to have ... although I own other progs (like LW), I took a look at Wings3D and have to admit that I find it very impressive ! Combine that with Fragmotion for animation and you got a great set of tools at a fantastic price !

Cheers,
Andreas

Re: fragMotion - character animator [Re: Orange Brat] #38413
08/13/05 13:52
08/13/05 13:52
eleroux Offline
eleroux  Offline

Quote:

Another quickie update:

Quote:

Loading MDL7 files will now preserve frame names by creating separate animation sequences: http://www.fragmosoft.com/fragMOTION/FileTypeMDL7.zip

I am trying - but all animations come together in a single 'animation' sequence. No frame names or separate scenes importing into fragmotion. What am I doing wrong?

Emilio

Re: fragMotion - character animator [Re: eleroux] #38414
08/14/05 09:39
08/14/05 09:39
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

Best to ask on the fragMotion forum.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you already did. I also saw that he's going to take your suggestions into account for a future version. I wonder if I asked him to finish my game if he would.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Re: fragMotion - character animator [Re: Orange Brat] #38415
10/12/05 23:15
10/12/05 23:15
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

The next release will introduce texture painting like in Tattoo or DeePaint 3D. No details on the complexity of it, but there's the post:

http://www.fragmosoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=199

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Re: fragMotion - character animator [Re: Orange Brat] #38416
10/13/05 07:45
10/13/05 07:45
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Great. But I still miss constraints for the joints to create a good IK animation. That would be more important than the paint function because I see fragmotion as a good animator software even if it seems to get a good all-in-one solution very soon.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: fragMotion - character animator [Re: Machinery_Frank] #38417
07/11/06 05:49
07/11/06 05:49
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

I think Loopix already started a thread on this, but no one replied, plus I guess you could consider this an "official" thread on fragMotion. Anyway, there's a new beta version out. You may have to uninstall any previous version(s) to get it to work, though. I had to do so, and it work fine:

http://www.fragmosoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=303

Quote:

http://www.fragmosoft.com/fragMOTION/fragmotion_085_beta3.zip

I've posted a beta for the next release. Here are some important notes on this release

1) .ugh and .arg files created with this version will NOT load into older versions of fragMOTION.

2) The current SDK and all plugins created with it will NOT work with this version. I'll try to get a new SDK out by Friday. Most plugins will just need to be recompiled to get them working again.

edit: This is the latest SDK with all the updated header files. Plugin developers will need to rebuild existing plugins with these headers in order to use them with version 0.8.5. One important note here regarding the fragTriangle struct, I've added a smoothID member to go with the groupID. In previous versions groupID was the id of the smoothing group which has migrated to smoothID so if you were using this member you will need to update all references to it.

http://www.fragmosoft.com/fragMOTION/fragmotion_SDK_085.zip

3) IK still has problems when using more than one anchor and joint constraints are also suspect if you allow pitch and yaw. One or the other should be fine though. Also, I've noticed very strange behavior with Half-Life 1 Counter strike models where IK will cause the character to disappear. If this happens hit undo and then reset the view. I believe this is caused by having a child bone that shares the same position as its parent.

4) Documentation has NOT been updated yet, I will do this after I get back from vacation.

5) Don't copy the ui.xml from the previous release into the fragMOTION 0.8.5 folder. For some reason this will prevent you from seeing many of the new features. Just to be safe delete the ui.xml from the fragMOTION 0.8.5 folder after you install (if there is one)

Please post any bugs found in the Bug Reports section of this forum.

Thanks,
dave

Re: fragMotion - character animator [Re: Orange Brat] #38418
08/16/06 22:42
08/16/06 22:42
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

If you click on the forum link..this pops up:

Quote:

Forums will be down indefinitely. Bug reports for fragMOTION and support requests should be directed to the 'Contact Us' link above.

Also, the 0.85 beta has been taken down. It's either all over or simply a matter of not enough time to devote and/or bandwidth.

Re: fragMotion - character animator [Re: Orange Brat] #38419
08/17/06 08:10
08/17/06 08:10
Asia
xboy360 Offline
xboy360  Offline

Asia
Hi,

i got a question about "frag", I imported my road MDL to fragMotion. I tiled it using the uv map coord tool, then i exported it back to med. I opened it in MED and the texture was successfully tiled. I put it in WED, then I ran the game. !!!!! Nooo... The tiling was gone. instead, there were these little black boxes and some boxes with my road textures, like a chessboard. What is this? In MED its all ok but not in WED.

Happy Birthday!
Re: fragMotion - character animator [Re: xboy360] #38420
02/26/07 15:16
02/26/07 15:16
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

Version 0.90 Beta 1 is released. The biggest new features are support for vertex animation (still crude) and a sprite creator (for saving out animation frames to a 2D format).

Quote:

After the longest and most painful debug cycle I can remember I've finally got a beta ready for the next version. The support for vertex animation (morphing) is still pretty crude so feel free to make suggestions for features. Also there is one known issue with the sprite creator, it seems that some graphics cards don't retrieve alpha values when reading from the screen buffer so if your sprite images end up being completely transparent try using the remove alpha values option while saving sprites. Please send any bug reports to support <at> fragmosoft dot com or post them in the Bug Reports section of this forum.

http://www.fragmosoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=229.0

Synopsis of changes made for version 0.9.0
-added sprite creation dialog
-fixed scrollbars in KeyFrameSlider dialog
-fixed Invoke button on Rotate and Scale tools
-added Origin property to Rotate Object and Scale Object tools
-removed restriction on number of vertices and faces exported to Quake 2 .md2 files
-fixed crash in IMesh::GetTriangleStrips which is called by the .md2 exporter
-added Merge Animation option to menu
-added options to .x file exporter
-fixed bug where .x files were invalid when exporting an animation with no keyframes
-fixed bug where importing certain .x files would crash due to invalid VertexDuplicationIndices
-added support for vertex animation
-added importer Quake 2 .md2 files
-added importers for 3D GameStudio MDL3, MDL4, MDL5
-updated MS3D importer/exporter to support vertex weights
-added undo/redo buttons to toolbar in the UVMapper and keyframe editor
-added animation controls to the keyframe editor toolbar
-added context menu items to flip textures and add/remove alpha values
-added graphic tools for transformation and animation

Re: fragMotion - character animator [Re: Orange Brat] #38421
02/26/07 16:34
02/26/07 16:34
Berlin
EX Citer Offline
Expert
EX Citer  Offline
Expert

Berlin
I wish he would rise the bones limit. Currently itīs too low. I have multiple models in one. So I have a lot of bones. Thatīs important to make animations like throwing the opponent, or giving something to someone.

I donīt understand why they also make such a small bones limit.

:L
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  aztec, Blink, HeelX 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de