Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Purchase A8 full licence version
by jcl. 10/05/26 12:12
Respect History setting for Z systems
by AndrewAMD. 10/02/26 15:43
A3 projects
by Yopachi. 09/28/26 17:04
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
Dorifto samurai
Shadow 2
Rocker`s Revenge
Stug 3 Stormartillery
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (AndrewAMD, 3run, vicknick, Ayumi), 9,506 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
julienp, julienper, KelleyAbbey, Yopachi, Knull
19245 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Pause button for evaluation shell? #489575
08/05/26 13:42
08/05/26 13:42
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,835
Chicago
AndrewAMD Online OP
Serious User
AndrewAMD  Online OP
Serious User

Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,835
Chicago
I've been running thousands of evaluation shell jobs on my PC. Unfortunately I use this PC for other high-demand purposes, so a new feature comes to mind:

"Pause" button on the panel will have the shell pause between jobs. Press "unpause" to resume.

Actually, I would write the feature myself, but I don't know if the shell is being revised at the moment.

Re: Pause button for evaluation shell? [Re: AndrewAMD] #489578
08/06/26 05:33
08/06/26 05:33
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,835
Chicago
AndrewAMD Online OP
Serious User
AndrewAMD  Online OP
Serious User

Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,835
Chicago
UPDATE: I was going to propose a code update to eval.c, but the click() function wasn’t working after Job #2 begins. I might need to file a bug report with support.

Re: Pause button for evaluation shell? [Re: AndrewAMD] #489581
08/07/26 11:43
08/07/26 11:43
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 28,139
Frankfurt
jcl Offline

Chief Engineer
jcl  Offline

Chief Engineer

Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 28,139
Frankfurt
The click function is working, but has no effect during the process. However, a Pause button makes sense. We will probably add this function to the Stop button, in a similar way as in Trade mode.

Re: Pause button for evaluation shell? [Re: AndrewAMD] #489600
08/13/26 17:16
08/13/26 17:16
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,835
Chicago
AndrewAMD Online OP
Serious User
AndrewAMD  Online OP
Serious User

Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,835
Chicago
Here's my temporary workaround, which I injected into my copy of eval.c:
Code
#define PAUSE_RESUME ".\\_pause_.txt"
#ifdef PAUSE_RESUME
void pauseLoop() {
	if (Live)return;
	if (!file_length(PAUSE_RESUME)) return;
	print(TO_ANY, "\nJobs are PAUSED.");
	while (wait(0) && file_length(PAUSE_RESUME)) {
		if (msg("Resume Jobs?")) { file_delete(PAUSE_RESUME); break; };
	}
	print(TO_ANY, "\nJobs have RESUMED.");
}
#endif
DLLFUNC void evaluate()
{
#ifdef PAUSE_RESUME
	pauseLoop();
#endif

To pause, all I need to do is to make a file "_pause_.txt" in the Zorro folder with a nonzero number of characters in the body.


Moderated by  Petra 

Gamestudio download | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1