Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (NnamueN, Akow, 1 invisible), 1,421 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia
19054 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Professional Blender 3D Modeler Needed #57988
10/23/05 15:44
10/23/05 15:44
USA
Gho5tFac3K1llah Offline OP
Developer
Gho5tFac3K1llah  Offline OP
Developer

USA
I have heard that Blender is one of the best modeler programs out there. So, I am looking for someone who is a professional or near-professional in modeling with Blender. The modeler must be able to create professional looking models with skins that don't look like a cartoon. For people that don't know, Blender 2.37a is a free program to the community. The following are requirements that must be met for appliers:
  • Can speak english.
  • Has worked with Blender for a minimum of 1.5 years (NO EXCEPTIONS).
  • Has a messenging program to communicate faster (AIM or ICQ).
  • Able to provide a short mini-portfolio containing at least 1 model made with Blender that can be opened in Blender.
  • *DELETED*
  • Note: I'm not on AIM or ICQ on Monday-Friday before 4:00p.m. except on holidays.
  • For the time being be able to accept to not be able to be payed unless published and sold.
  • Modeler will have to create the following (all with animations): weapons, characters, enemies, people, galaxy (not too much detail).

If you meet these requirements, PM or email me at domingo890@hotmail.com with your sn (AIM) or icq number (ICQ), portfolio, and your forum name with your GameStudio Edition. For people that are curious of what the heck they will/might be making for my game, it is an Sci-Fi Shooter. I like to keep info. about my game secret to prevent others from theft. Although, everybody here seems to be trustworthy based on their posts here. I might release some details of the storyline in the upcoming weeks. Most of the story is not in Earth. Only the first few parts of the game will actually be on Earth. The others are in a spaceship and a planet in galaxy of Andromeda. Hope this info. helps others on their decision. From other posts, I have come to the arrangement that people have lives outside of GameStudio. Therefore, you will not be required to work a certain amount of time everyday. However, you will be given a deadline to which the model has to be done by depended on what is needed at that time. Cheers.

Domingo

Last edited by Domingo; 10/23/05 18:21.
Re: Professional Blender 3D Modeler Needed [Re: Gho5tFac3K1llah] #57989
10/23/05 16:03
10/23/05 16:03
Finland
Ambassador Offline
Serious User
Ambassador  Offline
Serious User

Finland
Blender is a good program, yes, but when you are making models for games, often it's no matter what program you use, usualy you are able to produce the same results with other programs also. The quality of the work does not depend on the program.

Yuo have pretty tough requirements especialy you didn't say anything about the project and you didn't post any screens or any other artwork either.

Besides you didn't tell what the modeler will be modeling. Buildings, objects, characters?

Re: Professional Blender 3D Modeler Needed [Re: Ambassador] #57990
10/23/05 16:05
10/23/05 16:05
ventilator Offline
Senior Expert
ventilator  Offline
Senior Expert

you probably won't find anyone mainly because of the last requirement. <edit>the second to last after your edit.</edit>

Re: Professional Blender 3D Modeler Needed [Re: ventilator] #57991
10/23/05 16:10
10/23/05 16:10
USA
Gho5tFac3K1llah Offline OP
Developer
Gho5tFac3K1llah  Offline OP
Developer

USA
First post has been edited.

Re: Professional Blender 3D Modeler Needed [Re: Gho5tFac3K1llah] #57992
10/23/05 16:21
10/23/05 16:21
Finland
Ambassador Offline
Serious User
Ambassador  Offline
Serious User

Finland
Quote:

I like to keep info. about my game secret to prevent others from theft.

Lol don't worry man! No one will steal your ideas because everyone knows what it takes to make a game. Takes VERY much work so no one won't be even interested in your ideas no matter how good they are because everyone is working on their own projects. And thosw who are not working on other projects know that alone the couldn't create a good game ( with few exeptions ) so they will probably join you if they think that the idea is good...

Re: Professional Blender 3D Modeler Needed [Re: Ambassador] #57993
10/23/05 16:54
10/23/05 16:54
United Kingdom
Tozzy Offline
Expert
Tozzy  Offline
Expert

United Kingdom
I'm just wondering how many models could be made if 1.5 hours a day was spent. Probably not a lot. I would say to create 1 good looking sword would take about 6 hours:

Finding sources and references: 30 mins.

Building mesh: 1 hour.

Unwrapping mesh for UV: 2 hours. I mean unwrapping each face properly like prosessionals do. Not just unwrap left and right with stretched areas.

Creating UV map: 2 hours. Painting is more time consuming than imaginable. Getting it to look good is another thing too.

Allowing for flaw rectifications and mistakes: Say 30 mins?

And you want animations too lol.

I've done a sword before (my client was really happy that I spent the time doing it carefully) and it did actually take me 6 hours. There is no way you'll find a professional that will do all this for free mate. I'm sorry. I hope you do though but I wouldn't envy them . I mean, imagine them working 6 hours a days (like stacking shelves), are they going to get home and model for you for nothing ? They'll want an early night lol .

In my opinion, there ought to be a sticky rules thread for this section of the forum stating how and when to post job offers.

Re: Professional Blender 3D Modeler Needed [Re: Tozzy] #57994
10/23/05 17:34
10/23/05 17:34
Dortmund, Germany
P
phil3d Offline
Developer
phil3d  Offline
Developer
P

Dortmund, Germany
Quote:

I'm just wondering how many models could be made if 1.5 hours a day was spent. Probably not a lot. I would say to create 1 good looking sword would take about 6 hours:

6 hours for a sword??? you should do that in less than 2 hours when you're a good modeller

Re: Professional Blender 3D Modeler Needed [Re: phil3d] #57995
10/23/05 17:52
10/23/05 17:52
Finland
Ambassador Offline
Serious User
Ambassador  Offline
Serious User

Finland
Quote:

Quote:

6 hours for a sword??? you should do that in less than 2 hours when you're a good modeller

Lol good modeler/skinner makes a sword in about 1 hour... 6 hours I pretty nice for a not so complicated character...

Re: Professional Blender 3D Modeler Needed [Re: Ambassador] #57996
10/23/05 18:16
10/23/05 18:16
Austria
Blattsalat Offline
Senior Expert
Blattsalat  Offline
Senior Expert

Austria
-->...4-6 hours a day
-->...none payment till publish

you must be joking right. Even unemployed rich people would hardly fit into the sheme.

please keep realistic on the demands.

beside my worktime, the social life and the needed time to sleep, shower and eat 24h a day wont be enough for your request.
If you on the other hand have a time warp stretching machine that can slow down the time arround it, this might work.
I am not talking about impossible things like freezing time. Just the average, everyday time stretching unit we all carry arround in our pockets.

please rethink what you are expecting and ask yourself if you would work under this conditions for a stranger. then change the conditions so often till you can agree to them.
then get rid of another 20% of them and offer this job offer.

at the end its "job offered" and not "slaves searched"

cheers

p.s.: creating swords can take days ... it all depends what you are creating

Models, Textures and Levels at:
http://www.blattsalat.com/
portfolio:
http://showcase.blattsalat.com/
Re: Professional Blender 3D Modeler Needed [Re: Blattsalat] #57997
10/23/05 21:37
10/23/05 21:37
United Kingdom
Tozzy Offline
Expert
Tozzy  Offline
Expert

United Kingdom
Quote:

p.s.: creating swords can take days ... it all depends what you are creating

Blattsalat is right Xcelos and Samuel_Anjam. Of course a sword can be completed within an hour or 2 but we're talking quality here . I did this work for a client so I had to make sure the work was professional. Dang I wish my website was still up lol. Seriously though, it can be very time consuming in order to get the models perfect.

Quote:

Lol good modeler/skinner makes a sword in about 1 hour...

Well I had to create about 30 of these so are you saying that I could have done this in 2 days? I very much think not (and all I did was work work work on the models because I don't do anything else ). It took me about 6 weeks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de