Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,382 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
James Snydstrup - please help! #5105
07/03/01 04:00
07/03/01 04:00
London, England
Keith B [Ambit] Offline OP
Expert
Keith B [Ambit]  Offline OP
Expert

London, England
Hi, question for James Snydstrup: a little while ago you posted your 3rd person Chase Camera, the one from your House Demo. Having only just started to mess around with it, it seems I'm doing something incrdibly stupid as I can't get it to work. The way I've been doing it is adding a calling line, "chase_camera()", to my player action. Is this wrong? When I do this, if I'm just using the movment.wdl it goes crazy (which I expected, as that has its own cameras), and if I don't, it does strange things to my character - for instance a character that I hadn't programmed to turn left or right yet started to turn left and right...

Please forgive me for this stupid question. Any tips you can give me on how to properly call the script would be really appreciated.

Many thanks,
Keith

Re: James Snydstrup - please help! #5106
07/03/01 07:38
07/03/01 07:38
Lafayette, LA USA
J
James Snydstrup Offline
Senior Expert
James Snydstrup  Offline
Senior Expert
J

Lafayette, LA USA
Ambit:

The chase camera script was not designed to work with the default movement template. All you need to do is assign the chase_camera action to your model in WED under properties for the model.

You will have to edit the script to put in the correct start and stop frames of your walking animation. Right now it cycles between frames 2 and 30 and goes to frame 1 when the model is not moveing.

Remember the script is very incomplete. You will have to add more code for running, jumping, etc., as well as, adjusting for the floor height.

Re: James Snydstrup - please help! #5107
07/03/01 08:33
07/03/01 08:33
London, England
Keith B [Ambit] Offline OP
Expert
Keith B [Ambit]  Offline OP
Expert

London, England
James -

Thank you! I did as you say and it works brilliantly now. I was trying to include chase_camera() as though it just controlled the camera (like move_view()), I didn't realise it controlled the character as well. Now I know that I can modify it accordingly.

Many thanks for your quick reply, and again - great script!

All the best,
Keith

Moderated by  HeelX, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de