Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,382 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
snapping problem in WED #75052
05/22/06 08:58
05/22/06 08:58
Istanbul, Turkey
D
dano Offline OP
dano  Offline OP
D

Istanbul, Turkey
Hi-Have been having loads of problems trying to get accurate snapping in WED-For my latest project ( a 2-storey house) I'm keeping block sizes above 1 quant and Im snapping to the grid wherever possible, usually at 4 or 2 min. However-while maps look ok at first glance Im getting tiny light specks in solid blocks which I think means theyre being intersected-on closer look at my map I can see miniscule alignment problems which are hardly visible-The only way to correct them is by switching off snap and eyeballing them into place. So far so good, until I hit select mode and scroll the mouse and suddenly everything is messed up again, albeit by a tiny fraction.

Anyone help?

(A6 Commercial-6.42 )

Re: snapping problem in WED [Re: dano] #75053
05/22/06 09:32
05/22/06 09:32
Germany => Bavaria => Unterfra...
LordRathan Offline
User
LordRathan  Offline
User

Germany => Bavaria => Unterfra...
Try "Edit->Realign to Grid". Maybe it will help you.

Re: snapping problem in WED [Re: dano] #75054
05/22/06 11:12
05/22/06 11:12
IL,US
FeiHongJr Offline
Expert
FeiHongJr  Offline
Expert

IL,US
Quote:

Hi-Have been having loads of problems trying to get accurate snapping in WED-For my latest project ( a 2-storey house) I'm keeping block sizes above 1 quant and Im snapping to the grid wherever possible, usually at 4 or 2 min. However-while maps look ok at first glance Im getting tiny light specks in solid blocks which I think means theyre being intersected-on closer look at my map I can see miniscule alignment problems which are hardly visible-The only way to correct them is by switching off snap and eyeballing them into place. So far so good, until I hit select mode and scroll the mouse and suddenly everything is messed up again, albeit by a tiny fraction.

Anyone help?

(A6 Commercial-6.42 )

I wouldnt turn off snap for no reason. Learn to work with snap on at all times.. It took me along time before I could do it but once I did it made things a whole lot easier and Edit:(oops decreased not increased) my build times.

JCL is the one who told me to allway work with snap on.It does take some getting use to but to properly build levels is very much needed.

Last edited by FeiHongJr; 05/22/06 18:38.

http://www.freewebs.com/otama_syndicate/index.htm - Each master to his own technique.

- Not me said the bee, Nor I said the fly.
Re: snapping problem in WED [Re: FeiHongJr] #75055
05/22/06 18:33
05/22/06 18:33
Minot, North Dakota, USA
ulillillia Offline
Senior Expert
ulillillia  Offline
Senior Expert

Minot, North Dakota, USA
If you want to avoid using snap, then build levels as models. That's one of several major advantages of model-only levels.

"You level up the fastest and easiest if you do things at your own level and no higher or lower" - useful tip My 2D game - release on Jun 13th; My tutorials
Re: snapping problem in WED [Re: ulillillia] #75056
05/23/06 10:08
05/23/06 10:08
Istanbul, Turkey
D
dano Offline OP
dano  Offline OP
D

Istanbul, Turkey
Thanks for your help (all).

I didn't know about realign to grid, thanks and from now on I'll keep snap on at all times-promise.

Ulillillia(that right?) I downloaded your all-mdl level and thought it was a cool idea-I spent a few days with just models for buildings and youre right-there is a definite beauty in the fast build times and of course the snap thing.

Also I found textures looked better on mdls but in the end got frustrated by being so restricted with lighting- It got to the stage where I realised Id have to have inside and outside versions of models each with different materials so that (dynamic) sunlight and ambient sources would be reflected accurately. Also
I began to go insane welding all those vertices.

After weeks of testing out new ways to incorporate nicely lit, quick buildings Ive found that for the most part, seperately built and non-dynamically lit map entities are the easiest to manipulate (despite the snapping) and seem to look pretty good. Ive built up a folder full of basic prefabs - walls, doorframes, etc so now I can just load them into my entity project and put them together like lego- I can now build a huge structure in a short time, and texture everything once its complete. Then I just light it, load it into my level and assign a material. Build-time 5 seconds or so, just like a model entity.

Dano.

Re: snapping problem in WED [Re: dano] #75057
05/23/06 10:17
05/23/06 10:17
the Netherlands
Frits Offline
User
Frits  Offline
User

the Netherlands
In my experience the snapping works not correctly when you scale down (or up).
When I do that in my level sometimes I have to move the blocks with face- or edge move.

Regards,
Frits

I like to keep scripting simple, life is hard enough as it is.
Regards,
Frits

Moderated by  HeelX, rvL_eXile 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de