Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Ayumi, Akow, AndrewAMD), 1,505 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19058 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Brightness and Contrast settings #77846
06/15/06 04:30
06/15/06 04:30
Z
ZZZgames Offline OP
ZZZgames  Offline OP
Z

Hi .
I have a question regarding the settings of your monitor screen for Contrast and Brightness...
Its important for the lightings of levels.

I personnally set them at the maximum and i often close the window and the blinders to make the room dark so i can see everything on my screen.

Do you set them at the maximum?
Do you set them at 75%?
Do you set one at 50% and the other at 100%.?

Other? Explain your choice.

What are your Contrast and Brightness screen settings?
multiple choice, up to 2 choices
Votes accepted starting: 06/15/06 04:28
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

Its a pleasure to play around with A6. zzzgames.ifrance.com : go try & buy Streetkicker
Re: Brightness and Contrast settings [Re: ZZZgames] #77847
06/15/06 08:28
06/15/06 08:28
Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
Paul_L_Ming Offline
User
Paul_L_Ming  Offline
User

Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
Hiya.

How about "Other"? I use the Color Calibration tool that comes with the forceware drivers for my Leadtech A4 GeForce 6800 GT (256MB). I calibrate it any time the light level changes significantly (re: day/night, blinds open/closed/half-open, etc.). It's easy, and takes about 20 seconds.

If I do it 'manually', I just change my desktop bg to black and then adjust Brightness so that black looks black. It's slowly becomeing a pet peeve of mine, where people (especially those making visual computer arts; games, 3d, d2, etc.) just crank up their Brightness and Contrast to 100%, post a screen shot, and everyone (like me) who has actually calibrated their monitor sees pretty much nothing but a black picture with a pin prick of light here and there.

^_^

"We've got a blind date with destiny...and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."

-- The Shoveler

A7 Commercial (on Windows 7, 64-bit)
Re: Brightness and Contrast settings [Re: Paul_L_Ming] #77848
06/15/06 09:06
06/15/06 09:06
Z
ZZZgames Offline OP
ZZZgames  Offline OP
Z

Quote:

Hiya.

It's slowly becomeing a pet peeve of mine, where people (especially those making visual computer arts; games, 3d, d2, etc.) just crank up their Brightness and Contrast to 100%, post a screen shot, and everyone (like me) who has actually calibrated their monitor sees pretty much nothing but a black picture with a pin prick of light here and there.

Thanks for answer ..And thats my problem.I set Brightness and Contrast to 100% and i realized that not everybody do that .So my levels may display very dark on others PC ,especially laptops.And im myself as a player annoyed by too dark levels.

Its a pleasure to play around with A6. zzzgames.ifrance.com : go try & buy Streetkicker
Re: Brightness and Contrast settings [Re: ZZZgames] #77849
06/15/06 15:25
06/15/06 15:25
Minot, North Dakota, USA
ulillillia Offline
Senior Expert
ulillillia  Offline
Senior Expert

Minot, North Dakota, USA
Quote:

Quote:

Hiya.

It's slowly becomeing a pet peeve of mine, where (especially those making visual computer arts; games, 3d, d2, etc.) just crank up their Brightness and Contrast to 100%, post a screen shot, and everyone (like me) who has actually calibrated their monitor sees pretty much nothing but a black picture with a pin prick of light here and there.

Thanks for answer ..And thats my problem.I set Brightness and Contrast to 100% and i realized that not everybody do that .So my levels may display very dark on others PC ,especially laptops.And im myself as a player annoyed by too dark levels.

I have my 19-inch CRT monitor's brightness at 50% and contrast at 100%. Even with the brightness at 50%, the brightest white is a little hard on my eyes do it's brightness and I was thinking of lowering it to even 40%. I'm highly adapted for the dark and bright daylight takes a long time for me to get used to.

I use mathematics as a guide to choosing colors. This way, even if I have my monitor's brightness at just 20%, as an example, I could still get the effects I'm after as if I was using the average setting.

"You level up the fastest and easiest if you do things at your own level and no higher or lower" - useful tip My 2D game - release on Jun 13th; My tutorials
Re: Brightness and Contrast settings [Re: ulillillia] #77850
06/16/06 06:52
06/16/06 06:52
Z
ZZZgames Offline OP
ZZZgames  Offline OP
Z

Please vote

Moderated by  HeelX, rvL_eXile 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de