These screens were captured from MED, and the polycount is 2,326. The mesh and skin are courtesy of Dan Silverman. I've asked him to tweak the skin a bit by adding some specific details to the two coats, so it will change a bit from what is pictured here. Comments are welcomed. As long as he's willing, I will continue to use Dan for all of my future character and vehicle modeling needs. It will assure consistency, plus I like his work.

As for the face...eyes will be independent entities controlled with the same code that turns the player's head to look at specifically flagged objects. The mouth will be hand animated in the classical way. I'm not a fan of 3D mouth movement. The lower jaw will be moved to synch with the speech.

I'm currently rigging him in fragMotion and will animate from there using mocap files from Truebones. I can get over 1000 motions for $99, and there are plenty to choose from for both interactive and non-interactive movement. Get some sample motion files here.

Truebones skeleton hierarchy:

Next up will be the femme fatale character, and I'll update this thread from time to time with new characters.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links