It's running on a 7600 GS, but it was 60 on my 5200 FX, too. It's stuck at 60, though because of the XP bug, however it drops if you try to choke it.

The main issue plaguing me right now is getting the model animation right. The first test from the person that will probably be rigging for me were promising but early and full of interesting mesh deformities. I'll receive a better version tomorrow, so I hope in the end it works out.

Getting this part of it right pretty much is what this game's fate hinges on. If it ends up not being right, then I'm packing it up and moving this to an all 2D game using another engine.

I don't want to do that given the amount of years I've put into this version, but I'll know if I'm licked if the time comes. That would be ashame, too given I've developed a pretty unique looking style, and I really really like the way this model looks in the screenshot above. I have self-shadowing turned on which gives me that nice shadow across the face. Too bad it looks like complete garbage on the rest of the body when in motion thanks to mosquito noise.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links