Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
6 registered members (AndrewAMD, Ayumi, degenerate_762, 7th_zorro, VoroneTZ, HoopyDerFrood), 1,268 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia
19053 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Disenfranchised player model(s) and beyond... [Re: PHeMoX] #112313
02/19/07 18:17
02/19/07 18:17
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

It's running on a 7600 GS, but it was 60 on my 5200 FX, too. It's stuck at 60, though because of the XP bug, however it drops if you try to choke it.

The main issue plaguing me right now is getting the model animation right. The first test from the person that will probably be rigging for me were promising but early and full of interesting mesh deformities. I'll receive a better version tomorrow, so I hope in the end it works out.

Getting this part of it right pretty much is what this game's fate hinges on. If it ends up not being right, then I'm packing it up and moving this to an all 2D game using another engine.

I don't want to do that given the amount of years I've put into this version, but I'll know if I'm licked if the time comes. That would be ashame, too given I've developed a pretty unique looking style, and I really really like the way this model looks in the screenshot above. I have self-shadowing turned on which gives me that nice shadow across the face. Too bad it looks like complete garbage on the rest of the body when in motion thanks to mosquito noise.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Re: Disenfranchised player model(s) and beyond... [Re: Orange Brat] #112314
02/19/07 20:06
02/19/07 20:06
Germany
Error014 Offline
Expert
Error014  Offline
Expert

Germany
Did I tell you already how much I like your project? I like that its more of a "serious" kind of game, and its all adventury (A word that I just invented).

Making it in black and white feels fresh and gives the whole game that "Film noir"-theme (and it does look pretty much like you're after that kind of style?). If you give the game a strong story, then this is going to be a winner, can't wait to see the character you have there develop

I'm doing a similar project right now, so I know that it's full of interesting problems here and there - Inventory (although thats not so hard if you manage to do it right ), dialogs, etc. Let me know if I can provide a little help

It reminds me a little of Grim Fandango and Hotel Dusk, which is a great thing Keep it up, can't wait to see more progress

I hope you find someone to animate the model, as it would be a shame to see this project end (... or end up on another engine, although thats still better than to never see this project). Did you already make tests with the facial animation? (Because, believe it or not, in my project I am also seperating face and model - I once wrote code for a similar behaviour as in Wind Waker, which I could simply use then. I think I am talking too much about my project )

(I love the selfshadowing )

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!
Re: Disenfranchised player model(s) and beyond... [Re: Error014] #112315
02/19/07 20:22
02/19/07 20:22
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

I haven't done any of the face stuff, yet but it shouldn't be too hard given I know what I want.

Quote:

I hope you find someone to animate the model,

I actually have had two people inquire about the rigging. I've had dealing with one of them before and I know they can animate well. I've given them the option of hand animating if they would prefer to do this instead of dealing with mocap. I knew this would be the make or break feature and I probably wish now I'd done it long ago.

Quote:

If you give the game a strong story, then this is going to be a winner,

I'd like to think I have a strong story or at least something that has never been done in a game before. Most game plots are the same or you can find examples somewhere of it being done before or they're just flat out derivative. Mine is a bit different (more or less), and that's he beauty of the adventure genre. It's also why it ultimately doesn't matter whether it ends up a realtime 3D game or a 2D one. The story is what matters, and it's the same no matter what it looks like.

Quote:

Let me know if I can provide a little help

I'll keep you in mind. You've helped me quite a bit already on several occasions. Every little bit helps.

Quote:

I think I am talking too much about my project

I have this habit, too. Can't you tell?

Quote:

Hotel Dusk

I'm almost contemplating buying a Nintendo DS to play this. I love the unique animation style. It's limited and raw. Might get the Phoenix Wright games, too.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Re: Disenfranchised player model(s) and beyond... [Re: Orange Brat] #112316
02/19/07 20:39
02/19/07 20:39
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
The environment with the character in it, this looks so marvelous!

Re: Disenfranchised player model(s) and beyond... [Re: Pappenheimer] #112317
02/19/07 20:41
02/19/07 20:41
innsbruck, austria
achaziel Offline
Serious User
achaziel  Offline
Serious User

innsbruck, austria
hehe this whole black/white stuff looks cool. can't wait to see a demo or a trailer or somethin

Yeah, but... Who is Lu?
Re: Disenfranchised player model(s) and beyond... [Re: achaziel] #112318
02/19/07 21:23
02/19/07 21:23
Chile
A
Andvari Offline
Andvari  Offline
A

Chile
Great work! the character looks amazing on that environment, love the cartoony B/W look

Need custom 3d modelling, rigging or animations? check my portfolio at http://www.lowpolyarts.com
Re: Disenfranchised player model(s) and beyond... [Re: Andvari] #112319
02/20/07 17:39
02/20/07 17:39
mpdeveloper_B Offline
Expert
mpdeveloper_B  Offline
Expert

nice OB, it has a great style to it, i miss the adventure genre, i'd definitely play it because 1. it's an adventure game, 2. it looks like it will be great

- aka Manslayer101
Re: Disenfranchised player model(s) and beyond... [Re: mpdeveloper_B] #112320
02/21/07 13:36
02/21/07 13:36
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

Thanks for the comments, and a special thanks to Andvari for helping out with rigging and animation duties. I'm lucky to have these two talented individuals work on the characters, and IMHO, you're the two best modelers around here.

Re: Disenfranchised player model(s) and beyond... [Re: Orange Brat] #112321
02/21/07 14:15
02/21/07 14:15
Richmond B.C., Canada
Captain_Kiyaku Offline

Dichotomic
Captain_Kiyaku  Offline

Dichotomic

Richmond B.C., Canada
lol i first read "supernintendo" on the sign @_@

Nice shots though, i love the style and a good adventure with 3dgs would be awesome.

My Blog

"Tag und Nacht schrei ich mich heiser,
Wind weht alle Worte fort,
Tag und Nacht schrei ich mein Krähenwort!"

Subway To Sally - Krähenkönig
Re: Disenfranchised player model(s) and beyond... [Re: Captain_Kiyaku] #112322
02/25/07 01:16
02/25/07 01:16
Germany / Essen
Uhrwerk Offline
Expert
Uhrwerk  Offline
Expert

Germany / Essen
You're not the only one who read that at first. Actually your post made me look a second time... *lol* Nice work OrangeBrat. I'd love to see that in motion.

Always learn from history, to be sure you make the same mistakes again...
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de