Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Lapsa's very own thread
by Lapsa. 06/26/24 12:45
Executing Trades on Next Bar Open
by Zheka. 06/20/24 14:26
A simple game ...
by VoroneTZ. 06/18/24 10:50
Face player all the time ...
by bbn1982. 06/18/24 10:25
Zorro Beta 2.61: PyTorch
by jcl. 06/10/24 14:42
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 929 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mino, squik, AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan
19061 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
The Universe Multiverse... #113266
02/22/07 13:41
02/22/07 13:41
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline OP
Expert
sPlKe  Offline OP
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
you know, a text on a very biblical hardcore creationist website gave me an idea.
i will now explain this idea and the logical effect out of this idea. everything you read now are theories, but i am sure at least some of you will agree with me...

lets begin...

we live in an expanding universe. this theory is commonly known. also, science claims that there are more than just 3 dimensions. also commonly known. also, scientists belive that there are more universes than our, the so called multiverse theory. commonly known. creationists claim that we have been created by god. commonly known claim. so how does everything of this fit together???

lets start with the 3D stuff...

imagine a LINE as thin that it does not even have any width or height. that would be the 1st Dimension. now, take that line and strecht it upwards to that it has two axes: X and Y... thats the 2nd Dimension.
now take that flat area and pull it on the z axis until its a cube. we have reached our plane of existance, the 3rd Dimension.
now, tkae this cube and hold it on one corner and pull it to any direction

what happens? well, it will either not move at all (end of dimensions) it will grow (expanding universe) or it will create cube in cube in cube in cube (multiverse).

now whats the truth? how bout all three of them?
does not make sense? too true...

let us say, that our plane of existance does not grow anymore. that we are stuck in our galaxy and the galaxy does not grow. but the next universe, the one that is outside our plane of existance has been created because our cube was pulled on the corner. and that universe grows. and the next universe, that has been created grows too. maybe there is one that does not grow, but that will eventually fade out of existance. because that what happens if two universes collide. they merge, or the newer one will destroy the older one. and each time
a new universe is created an old one will be gone...

but how does this all fit into the evolutionist theory?

what if there once were two universes. ours, and one created by somebody. maybe an extraterrestial being or maybe even man himself. he created a shiny little universe by science and placed it as a new, non expanding universe in some plane foexistance.

then our universe grew and grew and grew, and when we merged with the other universe, we stopped growing and adapting some of the other universe, thus destroying the other universe...

of course those are just wild theories, and especially the finale is far fetched but im sure it was a fun read^^

Re: The Universe Multiverse... [Re: sPlKe] #113267
02/22/07 13:49
02/22/07 13:49
Deutsch Niedersachsen
Puppeteer Offline
Expert
Puppeteer  Offline
Expert

Deutsch Niedersachsen
Die Idee der Paralleluniversen kam durch die Idee der Zeitreisen,
dass dann eine weitere "dimensionsachse" den Zustand in den fiktiven Paralleluniversen angibt...
man kann dass auch einfach in einem graphen darstellen...
So lassen sich solche Vorstellungen auch gut durchdenken...
Ihr kennt vielleicht Schmidts Katze, ich glaube nicht an die theorie, weil ich behaupte dass es sowas wie Zufall nicht gibt
Und warum sollte es nicht mehr als 3 Dimensionen geben, nur weil wir uns nicht alle gleichzeitig vorstellen können?

Formally known as Omega
Avatar randomness by Quadraxas & Blade
http://omegapuppeteer.mybrute.com
Re: The Universe Multiverse... [Re: Puppeteer] #113268
02/22/07 14:20
02/22/07 14:20
Finland
Inestical Offline
Rabbit Developer
Inestical  Offline
Rabbit Developer

Finland
hm..

Ain't we living on 7 dimensions (which 4 are found, at least I believe)

imagine a line that has only direction. WIDTH ------------
imagine the line having two directions. WIDTH*HEIGHT (now we have rectangle)
imagine many rectangles, in different angles in. WIDTH*HEIGHT*DEPTH (now we have cube)
imagine the cube rotating and moving. WIDTH*HEIGHT*DEPTH*TIME.
imagine the cube having material. WIDTH*HEIGHT*DEPTH*TIME*COLOR.

can't think more.
Concept of dimension is something without we don't think.

we think how wide something is, or tall.
we think how big it is and what kind of motion it has.
we always define some color to the object.

anyways,
Quote:

what happens?

it moves dragging and modifying the faces. So it expands.

universe is expanding. But not long, sometime gravity collapses and we have new big bang.

"Yesterday was once today's tomorrow."
Re: The Universe Multiverse... [Re: Inestical] #113269
02/22/07 17:28
02/22/07 17:28
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
It expands as we see it, but it could also simply be a matter of relative expansion as far as we can see , right? I do think there's a form of equilibrium, even in the possible infinity of universe space.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: The Universe Multiverse... [Re: Inestical] #113270
02/23/07 14:42
02/23/07 14:42
NRW, Deutschland
inFusion Offline
User
inFusion  Offline
User

NRW, Deutschland
Quote:

imagine the cube having material. WIDTH*HEIGHT*DEPTH*TIME*COLOR.

This is so 3dgs-thinking

Quote:

Ihr kennt vielleicht Schmidts Katze, ich glaube nicht an die theorie, weil ich behaupte dass es sowas wie Zufall nicht gibt

Meintest du Schrödingers Katze? Schrödingers Katze hat aber nichts mit Zufall zu tun. Es ist nur eine Veranschaulichung der Quantenmechanik.
Vielen die diese Theorie lesen scheint es deshalb auch abwegig, dass wenn ein Teilchen der Substanz im Schrödingerschen Katzenbehälter zerfallen ist, ab diesem Zeitpunkt die Katze theoretisch Tot UND Lebendig gleichzeitig sein soll. Dies gibt nur Sinn, wenn man die Theorie im Kontext sieht den sie zu beschreiben versucht.

"Wer nicht mit der Zeit geht, muss mit der Zeit gehen" - Bernd Stromberg
----
www.kihaki.de/reincarnation
Re: The Universe Multiverse... [Re: inFusion] #113271
02/23/07 14:50
02/23/07 14:50
Deutsch Niedersachsen
Puppeteer Offline
Expert
Puppeteer  Offline
Expert

Deutsch Niedersachsen
Schrödinger... genau!
Die Quantenmechanik versteh ich, aber der zerfall des Atoms sollte Zufall sein, wenns Veranschaulichung war nehm ichs zurück
Geh ja noch in die (in der Physik langweilige) 10 Klasse eines Gyms....

Formally known as Omega
Avatar randomness by Quadraxas & Blade
http://omegapuppeteer.mybrute.com
Re: The Universe Multiverse... [Re: Puppeteer] #113272
02/23/07 18:33
02/23/07 18:33
Damocles Offline
Expert
Damocles  Offline
Expert

Given the billions of possible states a quantum can take during the split of a second,
and given the amount of quantums, there would be nearly an unlimited number of paralel universes
"created" every second.

I just cant belive this. And even if there where, we cant get any! information from them,
so they are of no interest to us anyways.

Re: The Universe Multiverse... [Re: Damocles] #113273
02/23/07 20:07
02/23/07 20:07
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

As far as I know the concept of multiuniverse had been proposed by a great phisic to explain the famous Schrodiger's paradox
Is the cat in the box dead or alive ?
However it was a...joke
A journalist took it ( or pretentded to take it) as a serious theory and that's it
An other matter is the theory of the string or the brane
This theory is based on a solid math backgroud but no lab (neither common sense ) evidence

Re: The Universe Multiverse... [Re: AlbertoT] #113274
02/24/07 10:53
02/24/07 10:53
Australia
A
adoado Offline

User
adoado  Offline

User
A

Australia
I am confused...how can people "think" there are 7 dimensions if we only know of a possible of four? How can people imagine other dimensions if they cannot be explained? Just asking, I am confused...

Visit our development blog: http://yellloh.com
Re: The Universe Multiverse... [Re: adoado] #113275
02/24/07 11:27
02/24/07 11:27
Earth
Germanunkol Offline
Expert
Germanunkol  Offline
Expert

Earth
Very interesting idea, spike, never thought of it that way.
You lost me somewhere around the beginning though. Because my mind thinks in three dimensions, not 4. I simply can't imagine it.

1 dimension. No problem. got that.
2 dimensions. Sure. just have 2 axis instead of one.
3 same. just have 3... I get that...
now... 4 dimensions. so far you've always "extruded" all of the lesser dimension in any direction, and you've gotten the higher one.

But... 4 dimensions. Try it in blender, or in MED. sure, it won't work cause those are based on 3 dimensions, and can only display 3 or less. So when you extrude the entire cube... where does it go? What happens?
I guess I'm just too 3 dimensional...:P

Adoado... can you explain God? I can't. Still, I believe in him. And so do most other humans. Maybe not in the same God, but in other Gods. or maybe they're all the same God, and they just worship him differently than me? who knows...
I think people "think" might not be the best word for it. They "imagine"... yeah, that's probably better.
I guess... if there's 1, 2 and 3 dimensions, and there might be a 4th, the next step's just to imagine what the 5th and the 6th are like. I just can't even get my mind around the 4th, so I stop there

Whatever... too complicated. I'll go back to moving my entities around in 3 dimensions...:P

Micha

~"I never let school interfere with my education"~
-Mark Twain
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite