I think I have the perfect link for this thread...

http://www.bringyou.to/apologetics/bible.htm

This guy, or guys, are christians who took the time and browsed through ALL (or so they claim) Bible contradictions, and gave an explanation for each and every one of them.

I think if you take the time and look at any 5-10 contradictions from there, you'll form your own opinion about this.. You might think that the guy is right, or that he may be somewhat oversweating it... Personally, I think he's trying a bit too hard in some cases.. like this one...

Quote:

a) Judas committed suicide by hanging [Matt 27:5]

b) Judas did not hang himself, but died another way [Acts 1:18]

Matt 27:5 states that Judas "threw the pieces of silver....and he went away and hanged himself."

Acts 1:18 states, "and falling headlong, he burst open in the middle and all his bowels gushed out."

It's rather easy to reconcile these:

1. First, Judas tried to kill himself by hanging himself. And this is not always a successful way. Maybe he tried, and failed (as have many others who have tried to commit suicide by hanging). Then after some time, he threw himself off a cliff and fell upon some jagged rocks. Keep in mind that it is not uncommon for people who commit suicide to have tried it before.

2. Judas could have tied a rope to a tree branch that extended over a cliff (after all, you have to get some space between your feet and the ground to hang yourself). In this situation, the rope/branch could have broke before or after death, and Judas plummeted to the ground and landed on some jagged rocks.

Anyhow, I think the whole page proves that trying to nitpick every word from the bible can look as dumb as trying to defend it. If someone really wants to convert or mock a Christian, i'm sure there are better and more mature ways than this. But why would you want to convert a Christian anyway?

I'm kinda on-topic i hope, cause my link is about Bible apologetics..

Cheers,
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!