Quote:

I agree. lol The rating system is far to over-rated. :-) Maybe in Hilberts Hotel we can just start considering less stars better? If this is the case then NITRO is ahead of me right now and I need to find some toes to step on to advance to the next level.

Lol, for a few minutes you had 4 stars again though, seems you are back on 3 again. Well, at least I tried.

Quote:

Do you think that the list (page 8 of this topic) is enough to prove that Jesus did exist? Not proving that He was the Son of God.. just that he existed?

Would it be enough to prove it? No. It may indeed indicate that á person called Jesus lived, because his name was mentioned, unfortunately all sources are not from the same date as when the biblical Jesus lived. The name Jesus was far to common back then to simply base his existence upon just a name, you'd need more contextual information and you'd need a source from when he was still alive.

"Tacitus mentions a Jesus, but it is likely that after a century of Christian preaching Tacitus was just reacting to these rumours, or probably talking about one of the many other Messiah's of the time." There's no real clear link to the 'biblical jesus', so unfortunately it's not proving much.

Considered what the biblical Jesus supposedly did, historians wouldn't have ignored him for sure...

Quote:

Only being the Messiah or the son of God was likely not claimed by himself, but invented by Paulus.

I'm not going to claim this is infact what has happened, but there are people who claim there has been a voting at some point and they simply decided Jesus should be called 'Son of God' from then on... this according to those happened quite a long time after Jesus died.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software