I hate it when people write 'complicated' smile , because my native language is Bulgarian...I barely understood that post :P
There are many ways to make a highscore list.
How I'd do it (Offline)...
At the end of the game (or level) I ask the player to input his name. I open_append a file and write the name with the score after it. When a player clicks the High Score button , I'll open that file , str_read / var_read all entrys (into a big 'text' and a big array and I'd copy the needed names into a small text showing for example only 10 names) , then I'd use a sorting algorithym to sort the list (highest or lowest) than I can do whatever I want...I could even add 'page' selection. Filter by name , range from X score to Y score , even best of day and month , sorted by time.
As I said , there are many ways smile so this is just an example of the first tought that comes to my mind.

PS.:
Quote:
In other words, although limitations in the older language might be removed in Lite-C, C-Script's ridiculous boundaries are still present in a number of freshly duped C-Script samples.

Many are still getting used to Lite-C , I havent even seen any Lite-C scripts (and I've been using 3DGS for 8 years now!). I dont like the idea of learning all over again , and many people here share my opinion , except , they still learn slowly , because it is the future of 3DGS after all.
Until people start using Lite-C like they're using C-Script , dont expect very high-quality scripts.

Extensive Multiplayer tutorial:
http://mesetts.com/index.php?page=201