Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,534 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia
19054 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Whats the diffrence? #120978
04/02/07 12:58
04/02/07 12:58
Canadian, Eh
DLively Offline OP
Serious User
DLively  Offline OP
Serious User

Canadian, Eh
wasnt sure where else to put this thread... sorry if its in the wrong spot.

Before I start teaching myself lite-C, I would like to know how it works, and whats the diffrence...

I downloaded it and i only had the script editor, and the modle editor... how do i make a level and run it? Do i use 3dGamestudio?

Thanks,

Devon

A8 Pro 8.45.4
YouTube: Create Games For Free
Free Resources: www.CGForFree.com
Re: Whats the diffrence? [Re: DLively] #120979
04/03/07 02:43
04/03/07 02:43
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
yes in ur script, load the level made in WED. run it from lite-C when testing. u could also code a model-only level.

lite-C is almost exactly the same as c-script. it is a bit more pinickity -- there are a few things that u get away with in c-script that u may not realize. the lite-c manual and workshop should help u with that.

good luck!

julz

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Re: Whats the diffrence? [Re: JibbSmart] #120980
04/03/07 16:25
04/03/07 16:25
Canadian, Eh
DLively Offline OP
Serious User
DLively  Offline OP
Serious User

Canadian, Eh
thanks

A8 Pro 8.45.4
YouTube: Create Games For Free
Free Resources: www.CGForFree.com
Re: Whats the diffrence? [Re: DLively] #120981
04/03/07 21:40
04/03/07 21:40
Sweden
Tiinusen Offline
Tiinusen  Offline

Sweden
Thats good to know, can you give me some good reasons to learn C-Lite?
Example:
(1) What good with C-lite?
(2) What can you do in C-lite that you can't in C-Script?
(3) Is it possible in somehow to make a strategic game in C-Lite?

Where is my manual? i think i lost it. i have been searching everywere. ohh there it is F1 I'm 17 years old, with 4 years of programing I can programming a lot of languages check my Bio out,
Re: Whats the diffrence? [Re: Tiinusen] #120982
04/03/07 22:13
04/03/07 22:13
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
(1) there's a lot good with lite-C. for one thing i believe it is faster than C-script due to it being pre-compiled. u can write any windows application in lite-C without using the actual engine. u can call directX functions or openGL functions (but i don't think you can do openGL while using the engine since it is directX, but someone else can correct me on that). if you learn to take advantage of lite-C, you'll basically be learning how to program in C (though by the looks of your signature, you probably already know C).

(2) like i said, you have access to openGL, directX, and windows API. the compiler is also stricter, so some people may have a few initial troubles migrating from C-script to lite-C. u can use structs in lite-C! structs are great.

(3) it's been done before in C-script. quite a few times. there's nothing stopping anyone from doing absolutely anything with lite-C.

good luck

julz

I made KarBOOM!
Re: Whats the diffrence? [Re: JibbSmart] #120983
04/04/07 06:37
04/04/07 06:37
Sweden
Tiinusen Offline
Tiinusen  Offline

Sweden
Thanks Julz. Thats Motivated me to keep going.
One more question. why can't i add my C-Lite script in the world editor.
It can only add C-Scripts in the world editor.
Do i have to wait for a release of a newer version of the World Editor?

And to anserw you assertion, yes i can program C. so it aint complicated to understund and build.

Where is my manual? i think i lost it. i have been searching everywere. ohh there it is F1 I'm 17 years old, with 4 years of programing I can programming a lot of languages check my Bio out,
Re: Whats the diffrence? [Re: Tiinusen] #120984
04/04/07 07:52
04/04/07 07:52
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
u will need a7 to use lite-c in the World Editor. u can still load levels u've built in World Editor using lite-c, and run the script from the Script Editor. in Options->Preferences you need to tell Script Editor to run the current script you're working on when u click the black "play" button.

lite-c is lots of fun

julz

I made KarBOOM!
Re: Whats the diffrence? [Re: JibbSmart] #120985
04/04/07 08:37
04/04/07 08:37
Sweden
Tiinusen Offline
Tiinusen  Offline

Sweden
Yes i understund that. I have beginned work with C-Lite and i have checked all the Workshops. and i think its nice. and that you are able to do much more.

But there is a little problem when i create maps in the World Editor.
I can not Compile the maps. because it demands a Script that i cannot add into the map. in this case i mean C-Script. because i use C-Lite. Well i tried to compile a map with the standard script "Empty/None Script" but i do not understund the meaning of doing that. So does it still work? because when i run the map in C-Lite its all faint black and i cannot see the Walls or anything, even if i placed the camera in the X,Y,Z area so it would be possible to see the walls. what i understund is that i need light. but how to add light without Pre-Add Entitys into the map from the beginning?

Thanks alot for your help before

Re: Whats the diffrence? [Re: Tiinusen] #120986
04/04/07 08:57
04/04/07 08:57
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
sorry but i can't help u with this problem. i don't like WED. i don't have any particular problems with it, but i find it a little awkward and i don't need BSP culled blocks so i tend to make levels out of models using script. hopefully someone else can help you out.

i'm glad i could help so far, with the other thread as well

julz

I made KarBOOM!
Re: Whats the diffrence? [Re: Tiinusen] #120987
04/04/07 09:11
04/04/07 09:11
Sweden
Tiinusen Offline
Tiinusen  Offline

Sweden
Well i let someone else anserw the question, and thank you for the help.

Quote:

Yes i understund that. I have beginned work with C-Lite and i have checked all the Workshops. and i think its nice. and that you are able to do much more.

But there is a little problem when i create maps in the World Editor.
I can not Compile the maps. because it demands a Script that i cannot add into the map. in this case i mean C-Script. because i use C-Lite. Well i tried to compile a map with the standard script "Empty/None Script" but i do not understund the meaning of doing that. So does it still work? because when i run the map in C-Lite its all faint black and i cannot see the Walls or anything, even if i placed the camera in the X,Y,Z area so it would be possible to see the walls. what i understund is that i need light. but how to add light without Pre-Add Entitys into the map from the beginning?

Thanks alot for your help before

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  HeelX, Lukas, rayp, Rei_Ayanami, Superku, Tobias, TWO, VeT 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de