Quote:

It is true however that Jesus taught what is essentially non-violence (turn the other cheek) and acceptance of temporal political oppression in favor of the rewards of heaven(render unto Caesar)..

Quote:

While I dont disagree with your main point, what the hell does the holocuast have to do with fundemantalist Christians?.. the Nazis werent fundies or even really Christian..

What is up with Mr. Aufderheide? It almost seems like he is softening up with such Christian sympathetic statements?

You are correct. Jesus was a pacifist, and he would probably disagree with a lot of current fundamentalist Christians who advocate war. I have done a lot of thinking about this in my life, I am coming to the conclusion that Jesus would probably teach current Christians to stay_out_of_politics. I mean, I was pissed with all fundamentalist Muslims after 911 for years, but I was pissed off as an American, NOT as a Christian.

However on the other side I think that God is very much in control of what is happening on the global scale these days and that the whole mid-east conflict is coming closer to a head for some apolcalyptic finale.

Because Jesus preached the apocalypse and hell does that mean He was not a pacifist? 1)He was a pacifist but He prophesied judgement, war and famine not by his own hand,...but by the very hand of Justice. The message of Jesus was to help people escape from the judgement He prophesied, not nessesarily the judgement He caused. Its an important distinction.

And about the holocaust, while everyone concentrates an the 6 million Jews that were killed people seem to forget the millions of Christians killed