Quote:

Btw, I tried to talk to a citizen of Byzantium recently, but they died off a long time ago.

Are you like... an idiot? If you mean you didn't know that a country called "Byzantium" does not exist in the modern world, until you googled out that they all... died off.. then.. wow.. Then again, if you mean you tried to find people that have roots from the Byzantium, then they didn't all 'implode' when Byzantium fell, like how you destroy all buildings on a red alert 2 game, and the troops just all die out.

Constantinoupoli, once the Byzantium capital, is now called Istanbul and makes up for near the new borders between Greece and Turkey. Greek minorities still live in Istanbul, who's great-great-great.. grandfathers were from Byzantium, and they all have great stories to tell. They all live in harmony with Turks now, and despite Turks being evil blood lusting muslims, they've somehow developed a very beneficial relationship, and lots of weddings happen between Greeks and Turks. My sources are not from wikipedia or history sites, but because I have family there.

The war between Greece and Turkey was hardly a religious one, at any period of time. We both share the Aigeo pelagos, which is an invaluable asset for high-seas trading, and both Greece and Turkey have tried to occupy the coasts of the opposite country in many wars. Constantinoupoli itself was an outstanding trading and war-tactical point, by being in the middle of three continents, Europe, Asia and Africa. Saying that Turkey leaders once looked up their Korans and decided to kick some Christian ass by invading Constantinoupoli, probably after doing a 5-min google "research", to me comes as a shock. Normally, If i don't have sufficient background knowledge about a subject I refrain from saying anything, but if I have to, i'll try to educate myself by studying at least 10-20 different sources, before giving my own opinion. If nothing else, it prevents me from making an ass of myself.

I shouldn't have called you an idiot, and i apologise for that on reserve. I will also refrain from keep posting here because, I bet everything i got, that it won't lead anywhere. The only reason i made this post, is my total suprise of your post that I'm refering to. I know there's no way to say this without sounding offending but.. have you ever attempted to do an IQ test? Seriously, i'm not being a wise-guy, i would just be interested to know your score, if you ever had one.

yeah, i'm sure you'll get insulted by that, and maybe you'd have a reason to.. but i'll leave the post stand anyway.. I can't possibly get along with everyone..

Cheers,
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!