zazang,

I don't want to totally expound on this but to give you a brief look I have copied the example from the Lite-C part of the manual showing you the C_Trace command:
Quote:

Example:
// test the floor texture
vec_set(temp, my.x);
temp.z -= 500; // trace downwards 500 quants below
c_trace (my.x,temp,IGNORE_ME|IGNORE_PASSABLE|IGNORE_MODELS|IGNORE_SPRITES|SCAN_TEXTURE);
// now TEX_NAME is set to the floor name below the MY entity
// look if the YOU enemy can be shot at from my position, and if yes, hurt him
c_trace (my.x,your.x,IGNORE_ME|IGNORE_PASSABLE|ACTIVATE_SHOOT);
// if entity YOU was visible from MY position, its SHOOT event was triggered

You really should get the Lite-C free version and tutorial and look through them.

I think this should give you a better idea of what Lite-C is all about. A brief summary is the C-Script vars and commands are available in Lite-C.

Lite-C adds more variable types, arrays, structures and access to other software (COM components). Many of these additional features can be left alone until you are more comfortable with Lite-C overall.

Then you can explore these additional capabilities as your needs and time allows.

Don't let the name and capabilities scare you un-necessarily. Whether you believe it or not if you have been using C-Script you have been programming. The routines you created in C-Script have their exact counter parts in Lite-C for the most part.

So take it slowly and give it a shot. George's workshops are a great place to start.

So go grab the free version and have at it. Remember its free, so what do you have to lose?

Marcus

Last edited by Marcus729; 04/20/07 04:00.