Quote:

You have no right to assume what he wished death upon anyone.

I'm not assuming anything and I don't think he was unclear about the opinions he propagated in any of those quotes either. Somehow I think you're defending him, because, like you've said so yourself, you simply do not disagree with his quotes. You've got the right to (dis)agree, but so do we.

Quote:

The Christian beliefs already existed, Falwell only took them out to the media.

Yes, so? That doesn't change anything at all when it comes to the content of this belief. Like all churches, there's a lot he said that you won't find inside the bible actually. I think the quotes posted here already also prove that ..

Quote:

He was already blamed, falsely tried, and crucified and proved that wishing death and even killing Christians is not the way to stop Christianity. As a matter of fact history would attest that Christian persecution only makes the Christian numbers multiply.

I don't want Christians to die, although I would like to see them change their minds on certain subjects. Mostly the things that science has already proven to be wrong, like the age of earth and way more things. (Science doesn't exclude God and according to some doesn't exclude Jesus either.)

I don't think Christian numbers ever multiplied, it's more that when persecuted and hunted people will go underground, if things are more save later on they'll become publicly visible again. This way certain movements have survived throughout time and some might always survive.

(I've visited a church that was situated inside a cave deep underground two weeks ago, quite extraordinary actually and pretty interesting. I can send you some pictures if you like or post them here later this week.)

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software