Quote:

The tangent flag has to be set for some shaders ( it will be documented which ones need it and which don't. )

@Phil: Thanks for the effort. When this is all said and done, a list of cards these shaders are confirmed to work with and those they are confirmed not to work with would be appreciated. Those who know me on here are aware of my opinion of shaders usage. This is mainly in regards to my own project and not in general. I love shader eye candy (except most normalmapped models...I just can't find myself ever liking the plastic-like, shiny, clay looking appearance of the vast majority of games that use it), but I have concerns when it comes to compatibility across a wide spectrum of cards. I don't want to use a shader (yours or someone else's) and be flooded with support emails claiming they don't work on card A or card B.

I'm not a shaders programmer nor a hardcore programmer for that matter. I can get around/by when it comes to certain things (I have taken some classes in the past and have scripted a lot over the years), but I have and know my limits.

I have to depend on other developers to create something that will work correctly across a wide spectrum for more advanced features, and I can't necessarily correct something for customer support reasons, on my own, if trouble pops up post-release of my game. I also don't expect nor can I reliably depend on the original developer or a 3rd party to do this legwork for me (I'm not the only fish in the sea or anything special) if it comes to that.

Having a list of confirmed cards would be invaluable for all of us. It's something that can be posted on a game website for all to see and head off a lot of potential problems. Thanks again.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links