Quote:

This version replaces version 6.50 that suffered from a severe collision detection bug that was not found during the public beta test.

Quoted jcl.
When you mention "severe collision detection bug" (above), I might easily assume that you are referring to this:
Quote:

The AABB collision detection (ent_move() as well as c_move() with USE_AABB) used a wrong angle for the collision with map entities under some circumstances,...

Quoted http://www.conitec.net/beta/bugs.htm ->Version 6.50 (severe bug warning)
Are you referring to that particular bug here?

When I attempt to run the engine included in version 6.50.6 on an older Windows 98 machine, the display flickers or flashes rapidly for a few seconds and execution is terminated with a crash and an error message. I do not know the cause of this issue, but it seems the issue does not occur with version 6.40.5. I believe at least one other user has mentioned such an issue or something very similar. Perhaps the issue does not occur with the 6.60 public beta. I doubt that something resembling this issue will be mentioned (again?) by other parties, but having made one declaration here (perhaps in an appropriate location), I'll be casually checking to see if anyone else mentions something similar (again?).