I downloaded and installed Lite-C, and read the Lite-C workshop. I liked the tute very much, and now I feel like starting / rewriting my projects with Lite-C. I have developed quite a bunch of code in C-script but nothing I can't rewrite.

But before that, I'd like that Oh you mighty experienced Lite-C users and testers give some enlightment so I don't take a wrong path in my journey.

I have these concepts about Lite-C. At what extent I am wrong? Are these sentences true or false?

- Lite-C is a general purpose language based in C but which can also access the Ackneck engine features.

- Creating games in Lite-C is pretty much like using A6, but instead of the WED-based approach in A6, I will start my project in the main script, loading levels and content from MED/WED. Other than that, there's little difference of how it all works. (Except of course the syntax).

- Free Lite-C will allow me to use all features I have in my A6 Commercial 6.60. I won't be able to publish commercial games, but then I will buy either Lite-C non-free, or update to A7 Comm and so publish my game.

- Commercial use is the ONLY limitation of free version of Lite-C.

- All C-Script functions and instructions are available in Lite-C currently.

- I can use other C features and C libraries, like string, arrays, vectors, math, etc. in Lite-C.

- I don't use templates, which would be a benefit of C-script over Lite-C right now, so that's less an issue to worry about.

- I know C-script pretty well, and have also coded in C++. Lite-C will be easy for me.

- Lite-C will get more support in the following years than C-Script.

I know a lot has been said on Lite-C, and I have read several threads and faqs and info pages, but somehow I'd feel more confidence if someone explained Lite-C to me as if I was a 36-year old little kid.

Emilio