@ OB:

Well, I see your problem and the quote you've copied expains how it can be achieve in theory. The practical side is quite more complex I guess. A plugin like I mentioned could be the answer. Like HeelX suggested, SMEE2 could be a potential solution. I will keep on testing with the shadow mapping shader, if you might need it, just ask. Because of the faqt that you can't integrate any other solution, a shader could be the only option... But this is someting we'll see later on in the future

But to refer to your question:

Quote:

What do you mean by this? How is the stencil shadow going to interact with a bitmap and contour to it's details? It can't which is why the invisible collision hull must be in place and anyplace the player's shadow can touch much closely match the 2D sections.

What I ment by this, why not just a simple sprite that represents your art.
Then set the shadow_stencil var to on where as the shadow will interact (contour) with your scene (geometry blocks,sprites, models). Here's a picture where I simple programmed the shadow_stencil veriable in c-script to on and setted the shadow flag and the cast flag in wed for the model. The green sprite hasn't got anything attached qua action or flag:

@ HeelX:

Good luck

Cheers

Frazzle

Antec® Case
Intel® X58 Chipset
Intel® i7 975 Quad Core
8 GB RAM DDR3
SSD OCZ®-VERTEX2 3.5 x4 ; HD 600 GB
NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 295 Memory 1795GB