Given my semi-technical mind (from a programmer's POV), this is all a bit overwhelming, but I get the gist of it.

The entities that should be casting stencil shadows are the player or any other NPC. Any hidden geometry for the Background/foreground scenery (the level) shouldn't be casting anything in a pre-rendered/hand drawn background. I noticed in Heelx's screens that the cube seems to be casting what appears to be a stencil shadow when only Mr. Warlock should.

Anyway, I think the issue is slowly or has already been resolved (not sure yet ). It's kind of nice to see some of the greater 3DGS programming minds working on this if for nothing more than to tackle the challenge of it. I'm not sure how many of you would actually use it, but I guess I sparked some inspiration.

Quote:

Btw, the problem HeelX had, could also be solved via a sprite which should match the geomety of the scene. This is the methode OB original wanted ^^

Yeah, I think I mentioned this in my last post. Placing the 2D element at the point of that cube should cover up areas we wouldn't see anyway (because they are covered up; thus that warlock can clip all it wants).

Now, it's just a matter of applying all this to a real level.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links