Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (TedMar, AndrewAMD), 1,344 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia
19053 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Time destroys it's plans at the reactionary ta [Re: Joozey] #141611
07/17/07 17:39
07/17/07 17:39
NRW, Deutschland
inFusion Offline
User
inFusion  Offline
User

NRW, Deutschland
Quote:

Yes this is absolute zero, so I guess time stands still at lightspeed and at absolute zero

I doubt that because the electrons are still spinning around the nucleons, so there still is change

"Wer nicht mit der Zeit geht, muss mit der Zeit gehen" - Bernd Stromberg
----
www.kihaki.de/reincarnation
Re: Time destroys it's plans at the reactionary ta [Re: zazang] #141612
07/17/07 19:50
07/17/07 19:50
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

Time is just a measurement of any change.Without change,there is no idea of time.

I don't think it's ever possible to have absolutely no change and thus effectively 'freezing time'. I think even when infinitely small there will always be a change because of the way all things seem to be linked to eachother. Apart from that personally it seems to me that 'time' itself is artificial. Perhaps in our view it makes sense that an infinite universe indicates infinite time, but if we define our universe as 'constantly expanding', then 'time' itself doesn't have to be infinite. On the other hand I believe it makes sense to assume that there could also have been a lot of time before our universe 'came into existence' in whichever way. My point is, I don't think time's possible infinite nature excludes our universe from possibly being finite. Not sure about the other way around scenario. Is it even possible to have no time when something is infinitely big? That would assume there's absolutely no change, which like I said at the beginning seems rather strange to me. It's still a theoretical possibility, but we know for a fact that the world hasn't 'frozen in time' yet off course.

A simplified picture;

( I really wonder how they determined time is a bend curve in other words change of movement with a 'constant speed' is in fact not constant but fluctuating? Got any links? )

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Time destroys it's plans at the reactionary ta [Re: PHeMoX] #141613
07/17/07 21:20
07/17/07 21:20
S
Shadow969 Offline
User
Shadow969  Offline
User
S

Correct me if i'm wrong, but you're all speaking about time like it's a global value. What about the black holes and super high speeds? Those things prove that time is relative. And it can be 'frozen', f.e. teoretically inside of a black hole there's no time at all(not sure, read about it long ago). So my 4-dimesnional model of world looks like this - at any spot of 3dimensional space there's an unique 'time_factor', not essentionally equal to 1. If we assume this, i think that this 'time_factor' can also be negative, producing reversed time effect. Enough of this, i'm starting to feel weird

Re: Time destroys it's plans at the reactionary ta [Re: PHeMoX] #141614
07/18/07 03:51
07/18/07 03:51
Z
zazang Offline
User
zazang  Offline
User
Z

Quote:

So my 4-dimesnional model of world looks like this - at any spot of 3dimensional space there's an unique 'time_factor', not essentionally equal to 1. If we assume this, i think that this 'time_factor' can also be negative, producing reversed time effect. Enough of this, i'm starting to feel weird

well but its not necessary that it can have a negative value.Like if X is the amount of apples then can it be -ve ?(but I did get -ve values when I used to solve equations as a kid )

Quote:

( I really wonder how they determined time is a bend curve in other words change of movement with a 'constant speed' is in fact not constant but fluctuating? Got any links? )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacetime

I haven't read it in detail,but it sure requires a little more abstract thinking.
I'll give it a shot later today ;-)

I like good 'views' because they have no 'strings' attached..
Re: Time destroys it's plans at the reactionary ta [Re: Shadow969] #141615
07/18/07 09:57
07/18/07 09:57
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but you're all speaking about time like it's a global value.

No, only when it comes to it's start and end or the possible infiniteness. I agree that the experience of time is very relative, but when it comes to 'true time' I have to say that I don't know much about it. My guess is that it's by far not as absolute as we or some of us might think, but that's mainly because I do not think there are any real absolutes, I don't know much about the theoretical background and current consensus on 'time' and all that's closely related (high or maximum possible speeds, black holes etc.)...

Cheers

Re: Time destroys it's plans at the reactionary table [Re: Arathas] #141616
07/20/07 18:33
07/20/07 18:33
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

Quote:

Question is: IS time straighforward?

The theory of relativity claims that time and space are basically the same stuff

Everybody knows that two events , A and B, can happen at the same time for an observer but at different times for an other one
Most people suppose that this is evident just in case the relative speed is close to the speed of the light
Actually the two observers could experience the same situation, in theory of course, even though their relative speed is quite low provide their distance is huge

In other words , there is a perfect simmetry : Space-Time

Consequently the Space_Time is , so to speak : Frozen

This is the theory:
Easy to say , impossible to grasp

Last edited by AlbertoT; 07/20/07 19:15.
Re: Time destroys it's plans at the reactionary table [Re: AlbertoT] #141617
07/20/07 19:14
07/20/07 19:14
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

by the way , the Schrödinger's Cat has nothing to do with the mistery of time
Quantum physics is not realitivistic

Re: Time destroys it's plans at the reactionary ta [Re: AlbertoT] #141618
07/26/07 00:09
07/26/07 00:09
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

Everybody knows that two events , A and B, can happen at the same time for an observer but at different times for an other one

I'm by no means an expert, but there might be a difference between experiencing time (and our theoretical ideas) and what actually happens, because this doesn't sound that obvious. Basically it comes down to time stretching at extremely high speeds? Does it really 'stretch' or are we experiencing it as if it's stretching? According to Einstein time is relative, but does this mean time "itself" (time-space symmetry) or the experience of it? He always seem to have given examples of the latter.

Quote:

Most people suppose that this is evident just in case the relative speed is close to the speed of the light
Actually the two observers could experience the same situation, in theory of course, even though their relative speed is quite low provide their distance is huge

I think the problem with high speeds and huge distances is that measurements become very inaccurate pretty quickly. Perhaps it's simply the equivalent of an 'optical illusion' (but a truly physical one), but then one that has to do with the time-space symmetry instead of visual things?

Cheers

Re: Time destroys it's plans at the reactionary ta [Re: PHeMoX] #141619
07/27/07 18:17
07/27/07 18:17
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

Quote:

Quote:

Does it really 'stretch' or are we experiencing it as if it's stretching?

Time does really "stretch"
Consider a satellite orbiting around the earth
The clocks on board and the ones on the earth are not syncronized
Of course they are perfectly working , time is different

Quote:

Perhaps it's simply the equivalent of an 'optical illusion' (but a truly physical one

Of course it is not a simply "optical illusion" like effect
Do you think that thousand and thousand super brains would have wasted their time with the theory of relativity, if so ?

Last edited by AlbertoT; 07/27/07 18:23.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite