Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Akow), 1,365 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 2
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: A7 vs A6 [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #145505
09/04/07 08:57
09/04/07 08:57
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
that's the subject of the topic. on-topic or off-topic is determined by what the starter of this thread first posted. how good is your german?

Legolas250 was probably seeking a feature comparison, not "A7 vs A6 = Tie , because it's besically the same crap, if you have A6 already there's no reason to buy A7."

on this forum you usually are expected to support your ideas with facts. even the most respected members of this forum are expected to.

some might say that your opinion hasn't earned any weight lately.

julz

EDIT:
Quote:

Do you see any chance of rendering your level with static lighting (you mentioned radiosity) plus current shaders to bring metal to shine, to get per-pixel-lighting, to have specularity, to light little bumps realistically?

that's a good point. perhaps the new render and culling system has solved some of the level-shader speed issues? that's just hoping though.

Last edited by JulzMighty; 09/04/07 09:11.

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Re: A7 vs A6 [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #145506
09/04/07 09:00
09/04/07 09:00
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline
Warned

U.S.
Thats exactly what I'm talking about Frank , I really thought A7 was going to have all this new features ready to use out of the box , just being able to add a dynamic light and have it be a good per pixel lighting light , have good working dynamic soft shadows , shader editor (preferably ingame) , ingame level editor , ingame terrain editor , ingame light editor (like dynalights) , Sphere like rendering , much better templates that could actually be used in a commercial game , I mean , there's just too many cool things the engine could have to list them all , and I dont see any of them in A7 , hence my dissapointment , I really do feel this type of features are what the average gamestudio user is looking for and would benefit from the most , rather than the Lite-C implementation , and the other behind the scenes stuff that has been added.

Re: A7 vs A6 [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #145507
09/04/07 09:02
09/04/07 09:02
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline
Warned

U.S.
"on this forum you usually are expected to support your ideas with facts. even the most respected members of this forum are expected to."
Thats only your opinion , and you didnt include any facts in there to back it up.

Re: A7 vs A6 [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #145508
09/04/07 09:11
09/04/07 09:11
Australia
A
adoado Offline

User
adoado  Offline

User
A

Australia
Quote:

You all would have to be really stupid to actually belive what you put. Yes , lite-C is one of the biggest new features , which to me , and most non programmers is useless

Without programmers there could not be a game. A game is limited to the features of the language in which it is written in. An extremely dodgy language could not make the next Half-life killer, for example. A better language can open possibilities to better games. That in itself, I think, is worth the upgrade.

Thanks,
Adoado.

Visit our development blog: http://yellloh.com
Re: A7 vs A6 [Re: adoado] #145509
09/04/07 09:15
09/04/07 09:15
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline
Warned

U.S.
Well you are completely wrong Adoado , lol. Just like withoguht programmers you cant make a game you cant make it withought artists either , and if u pay even a tiny bit of attention to the commercial games you would see how important art is considerd by publishers and game audience.

Re: A7 vs A6 [Re: adoado] #145510
09/04/07 09:17
09/04/07 09:17
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
Quote:

"on this forum you usually are expected to support your ideas with facts. even the most respected members of this forum are expected to."
Thats only your opinion , and you didnt include any facts in there to back it up.

who's head's up their arse again? you argued that A7 is no improvement over A6, and i responded by listing actual improvements in A7 over A6 -- those are factual. i also pointed out features that are being made right now for A7 and not A6 -- unless Conitec is lying, those are factual.

and adoado makes a good point.

Quote:

Just like withoguht programmers you cant make a game you cant make it withought artists either

yeh u can. procedural stuff. usually not on a professional scale, but adoado's point is more valid than yours.

julz

Last edited by JulzMighty; 09/04/07 09:19.

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Re: A7 vs A6 [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #145511
09/04/07 09:22
09/04/07 09:22
Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
Paul_L_Ming Offline
User
Paul_L_Ming  Offline
User

Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
Hiya.

Well, after playing with the A7 demo (WED; didn't bother with MED or SED), I have to say...I agree about 75% with WhyDID. I was expecting A7 to at *least* move up to having what we already have in A6 via 'common' plugins. I would consider the following to be "common" (re: most useful) to A6;

• Sphere 2
  • IceX
  • EasyParticles 3 (is it up to 3? I think it is)

To that, though I haven't used them, Dyna-Lights, IntenseX AI (?) and Seed-It should be added.

I am, frankly, stunned that A7 basically has, well, "nothing new" other than Lite-C and ABT. I know there are probably a lot of overall improvements, this is good, but as primarily an artist-type, I want to be able to model my character, texture it with normal maps, animate it with bones and be able to import that into A7 with a few clicks of the mouse. I want to hit Build then Run and see something at *least* the equivalent of Sphere2.

A7 may be a large leap ahead with regards to folks who really delve into the nitty-gritty of the engine (re: Lite-C and full C++ .dll's), but the other 80% of the 3DGS customers are gonna be scratching their heads going "Uh...ok...so where's all the cool stuff for me?"

What I do like about WED is the "Properties" of anything you click being 'right there'. Well, with the exception that there isn't a nice color-swatch to click on when I want to change the color of a light...what's up with that? I also like the default "Vert/Face/Edge" manipulator (the blue thing with white dots of V/F/E's). But still no textured model viewer? No ability to move the texture viewer to the bottom of the screen?

Well, put me in the "wait until 7.5 or 8 to see what happens" camp...:(

• ^_^

"We've got a blind date with destiny...and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."

-- The Shoveler

A7 Commercial (on Windows 7, 64-bit)
    Re: A7 vs A6 [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #145512
    09/04/07 09:27
    09/04/07 09:27
    Australia
    A
    adoado Offline

User
    adoado  Offline

User
    A

Australia
    Quote:

Well you are completely wrong Adoado , lol. Just like withoguht programmers you cant make a game you cant make it withought artists either , and if u pay even a tiny bit of attention to the commercial games you would see how important art is considerd by publishers and game audience.

I know - programmers and artists both make a game. I am just saying that just because some of the improvements may not be in your area, does not make it a crappy engine.

Quote:

shader editor , ingame level editor , ingame terrain editor much better templates that could actually be used in a commercial game

Look in the forecast, they are on their way.

Re: A7 vs A6 [Re: JibbSmart] #145513
    09/04/07 09:29
    09/04/07 09:29
    U.S.
    Why_Do_I_Die Offline
    Warned
    Why_Do_I_Die  Offline
    Warned

U.S.
    Lol , sure Julz , you can also make games with just art and no programming , so whats the point of his statement , and yours , why dont you 2 just get a C++ compiler and go code from scratch , it's the best way to achieve exactly what you want , and C++ is way more powerfull than gamestudio or lite-C , if your big into programming , your using the wrong engine for you , gamestudio is suppossed to be the opppossite , you've seen their advertising right ? Gamestudio has always been a game development suite which eases the process of game creation by offering everything you need to make a game in one package , including premade scrips to put together a game without even needing to know how to program anything. That is it's point , ease of use , if thats not what your after , then what are you doing here , you know you can program an engine from scratch right ? Your comments are obviously biased Julz , just so you wont admit that you were and are completely wrong.

Edit: LOL , no wonder Julz is so defensive of A7 , he already bought it , lol , just looked at his info.

Last edited by Why_Do_I_Die; 09/04/07 09:42.
    Re: A7 vs A6 [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #145514
    09/04/07 09:41
    09/04/07 09:41
    Australia
    A
    adoado Offline

User
    adoado  Offline

User
    A

Australia
    Ar!, so Why_Do_I_Die, you are looking for ease of use, rather that a huge amount of features?

Maybe Flash is a better option for you to use then?

P.S. I have nothing against Flash

Julz probably bought it because he knew how much better it is than A7 And realized the advantages of it.

Last edited by adoado; 09/04/07 09:45.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  HeelX, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de