Quoting LarryLaffer.
Quote:

@TestDummy, go ahead and repost what you erased, I'm sure I won't take it the wrong way.

Although, strangely, the tone seemed 'right' at the time, my original post was 'excessively' harsh and judgmental. It was completely inappropriate. We all make mistakes. Obviously, I have my share of mistakes and accidents. (Really, it seems, that more often than not, I'm better off if I just mind my own fu<kin business.)

Quote:

I'm most probably abandoning A6 and will focus on having IntenseX work on A7 instead. Since A6 projects are compatible with A7, i don't see why someone wouldn't want to upgrade (apart from the money issue i guess..)

Considerations:
*Compatibility, and especially future compatibility, has not been proven in every case?
---Lite-C && C-Script compatibility issues?
---C-Script to Lite-C conversions?
*a whole new (A7) bug cycle: a few features, new bugs, fix, a few features, new bugs, fix, (rinse and repeat)?
---It may take quite a bit of time for bugs to be ironed out, and new bugs may appear periodically during the process (of fixing bugs)?
*bloat, higher requirements (see: hardware / resource consumption marketing conspiracy 101)?
*support for legacy devices? (Of course, it is reasonable that some support for 'older' devices is 'nixed'.)
*user comfort, familiarity, etc. with old version
---disappointment with new policies, or disagreement with what is offered in the new version for the price
*financial resources

However, I tend to agree that the latest version of the 'base product' should normally be used when developing third-party add-on tools and software.

Quote:

Larry, many of us will don't upgrade from 6.60 very soon ..including myself. So why abbandoning nearly half of your potential costumers? I think that you should release a version fully compatible with A660 also.

Is there 'real' evidence that 'nearly half 'of 3DGS users have not, or will not upgrade to A7 soon?
(Note: The above quoted statements actually refer to 'potential costumers', not '3DGS users' in general.)
Where is the 'using A6 or A7' poll? (<-A poll might be somewhat pointless in this case.)

I probably won't upgrade soon, myself.