Quote:

looks awsome, but my fps drops down a lot because of the entities and particles created
I like it a lot

Thanks for this great contribution.

Thanks ^^
but about the fps drop...(you probably already know this, but any way, i write it so that any body who don't know it can read ^^) it depends on how many transparent pixels that are drawn, the only way to make that really fast heavy, is the way CS source have maid it, of course there is ways that are bad and not so bad, try to use a higher smoke_fade value, about 10 should not make any notable fps drop even if the explosion is really close to the camera, you could actually also build in a value that takes the distance from the camera and fades the smoke faster if it is closer. But things like that I live for you to manage, this is just the basic parts :]
The main thing that is heavy for the graphic card is transparent pixels, because then it have to read from the colour buffer and calculate the new colour and then write back to the colour buffer, and it can be maid many more times then there is pixels on the screen, and that why its that heavy, and nothing any of us can do any thing about, more then keeping the transparent pixels down, depending on how good the computer is
And this explosions works just fine on my computer, even in pretty big numbers. o.o

__________________________________________________ / Gafgar The Goblin... http://www.Goblinsoftware.tk/