Quote:

I don't think his dream was an actual experience, because did he ever physically leave the hospital?

As I said, I think that IF he slipped into a parallel universe, it was his consciousness, not anything physical.

Quote:

Those 'other' people are not you, but more or less 'clones' of 'you'.

Yep, or so it should be. And IF there are multiple universes, then there are a great number where the car took off the road and crashed into the tree also, but in a slightly different angle or so. And there's a great number of universes where the car missed the tree by inches. And of course there's a great number of universes where all things seem to be totally different from this universe, where you wouldn't recognise yourself probably.

Quote:

That begs the question though, how would you recognize yourself in those other universes when their lives have been completely different?

That's why I think that IF your consciousness slips into another universe, then it will be one very similar to ours. Maybe such things happen all the time, and there's nature-rules to it such as: Your consciousness always seeks its way into the universe most fitting to this one.

Well, that brings on a religious topic: If your consciousness CAN slip into another parallel universe, maybe that's what happens when you die. You'll never know it, but your consciousness may just slip into the "closest" (in a sense of close-to-another-parallel-universe) body of one of your clones. That does not mean that you "take on" this other body - it's still a form of "you".

I think maybe that's what happening when you got a good idea all of a sudden and out of the nothingness: Maybe in some parallel universe, a version of you died, and his consciousness plunges into you. And all of a sudden, you've got some new ideas and don't know where they came from. And that's all you ever experience of this "other" you. If that's what happens, it's happening all the time, everywhere ... and it's a sort of a good thought, I think. It means you'll really ever completely vanish when the last version of you dies.