Are there any specific methods that would help reduce collision problems? Often my physics object (a ball) will fall through levels or half into them. Any tips for reducing this behavior?
Under phent_setmass it mentions that "the hulltype specified with phent_setmass does not affect the collision detection." However, if I choose PH_POLY instead of PH_SPHERE for the hulltype I fall through the levels far more often than with PH_SPHERE. I'm hopeful that the new collision system may help reduce these problems.
small update - I am having less problems with the collision since I have increased the size of my ball object. The original ball had a 64 quant radius... I have since doubled it to a 128 quant radius.
i have the same problem. When i use a higher poly model it gets worse (like a car model of about 1200 polys), it doesnt matter if i set PH_box or other.... When i set it to PH_POLY it jumps around as if trying not to fall through the floor, if i set it to PH_cylinder it instantly falls through the ground???? If i use a cube (equal sides) for the model things are better, yet not perfect, but if its height(z) is less than (x,y) it behaves the same way as the high poly model. I made the shape lower (small z value) because i dont want it to flip easily on slopes, i even make it invisible and attach a passable model of the car, but with no better results!!! Please could anyone share some ideas with us!
Thanx in advance!!
Re: Methods for reducing collision problems?#15824 06/29/0317:1706/29/0317:17
My collision problems were caused as a result of high gravity. Changing my gravity to -400 instead of -5000 and adding local downward force to achieve the effect I wanted, eliminated my problems. Thank you tobias at support!
I thought that the reduction in gravity completely eliminated the problems, but they actually reduced them. I didn't think I could repeat the problems of my physics ball object going through level blocks, but I can. I will test further. It appears that my ball object begins to spin too fast when it is pushed directly against a level block and then goes through the floor. I will see if I can help minimize this from occuring with the phent_setmaxspeed.