WED has worked fine for me for 8 years. I've watched it grow, and using the new concave on feature, you can build anything you want with it and everything will actually WORK and LOOK RIGHT without any import/export from 3rd party BS that can occur. It doesn't have all the modeler friendly tools, but an experienced user like myself can work around this and create nice curvy detailed levels when we're not burned out. Would I like to have some modeler friendly stuff in there (MED type stuff)? Sure, and if there's not a The Future request then there should be, but I can live with what we have regardless.

@Conitec, just don't scrap it. If people want to use a modeler, they can use Wings, Blender, or whatever other packages have FBX export. It's just a matter of getting those exporters to export something that looks like it should once in engine.

Quote:

Feature wise, I think that OGRE is on the same line or ahead 3dgs. However, the tools are somewhat missing.

OGRE is a rendering engine, not a game engine. There is a game engine that uses it that can be found if you search their site, but it's 3rd party.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links