ah, why_do_i_die's contribution again.

Quote:

yes it's a complete dissapointment to non programmers , and programmers , well , why on earth would you use gamestudio to begin with ?

if you're not a programmer, what are you doing here? why are you even using a game-engine? make renders with blender. it's free, and you have much less to worry about in terms of aesthetics-vs-speed. why can't you get a job as a game artist? if you have one, why are you even here?
Quote:

if it's C-Script you program and moving to lite-c then here's news for you , YOUR NOT A PROGRAMMER , go learn a real language and do some real coding.

learning C-script or lite-C is a great way for aspiring programmers to learn how to program. also, lite-C has almost all the functionality of C, and soon it will surpass that with the forecast support for classes. C programmers can do just about whatever they want with it, and C++ programmers can do just about whatever they want via the SDK.
Quote:

As for the workflow thing , yeah , gamestudio failed to improve any of that with A7 , I dont even know how that could be called A7 , it;s A6.90 or something , everything thats been on the forcast is still there , lol , wasnt the forcast suff suppossed to be stuff for the next engine ? But no need to keep saying it , I think everyone already knows it , maybe A8 will be what A7 was suppossed to be , who knows , who cares , I'm sticking with A6 for all my current projects , and when I need to work on soem type of next gen game , I'll just look for a good alternative.

i agree that there's been no workflow improvements. i personally don't have a problem with it -- blender for art and program everything else -- but i can understand if some aren't too chuffed about it. however, as of the next update, A7 has a huge improvement in the post-processing effects workflow, and this is a really big deal for shader programmers AND non programmers trying to implement post-processing effects from other people. T7 and the interactive level editor are in public beta and should be in an official update soon. as to other forecast features still being there -- almost all the stuff that's still there is almost finished or in beta. we have a lot coming out soon, and those who already own A7 will have those features as soon as they are available.
Quote:

btw , to the one who said Next Gen is a marketing term and doesnt mean anything , lol , it means a game with the new shader technology , the difference between ut2004 and unreal tournament 3 .

there's obviously a generation gap between the unreal engines. what's being discussed is the term "next gen" being used to describe the quality of graphics in games. there's nothing "next gen" about it unless it hasn't been done before. it has a fairly clear meaning -- great graphics -- but the choice of words is just marketing hype.

basically i can understand you not being happy with A7 yet, and sticking with A6, but you tend to portray your own opinion as the best, but at the moment seems to lack a certain degree of education in regards to the matters discussed

julz

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!