hey guys, putting up a small update for my game. Ive been working on a simple "search for enemies, find cover if you do" script. So far two teams of placeholder art spheres scan for enemies, alert their allies, then find cover. They then proceed to pop up and fire, then return to ducking. If their position is visible to the enemy (the enemy can see it) the unit will find new cover. The script is bare bones and doesn't use any animation, or the pathfinding system, so its not worth putting up a video of it.

However I do have a small update on a model Im working on. Its going to be the general issue submachine gun/rifle for your "all around" skilled allies.

The design is a mixture of the P90, and the FAMAS:

Here are the shots from Maya, including my reference drawing for it:

Heres a shot from MED

There are lots of technically superfluous details here and there on the gun that I'm sure really dont add to the functionality of the gun. I just made the design because it looked cool

It has 3,856 polygons/faces which is grossly overweight compared to the character models that will be holding it. I put in alot of detail in the beginning to flesh it out, (also because its fun ), but in the next few stages I will be trimming lots of polygons here and there. Textures and normal maps will be coming later.

tell me what you think.