Quote:

But actually I think, that they just didn't want to allow Very High to avoid thousands of users complaining about low fps in the demo

Probably a very valid point for most of the systems out there. By far not everybody will have the highest-end graphics cards currently available that are able to run this game in all it's graphical glory...

I'm pretty sure people with an ATI HD2400 or a Geforce 8500 won't have great performance... some of those cards really are budget DX10 cards, which could mean they're screwed as far as the higher settings go (which basically includes the DX10-renderer). Benchmarks so far aren't exactly positive about those cards and their performance in games and I've heard plenty complaints on various forums already...

Quote:

isnt it if you have everything on hing and mostin importent shaders on high then you comp while outomatical change it to dx10

Actually... it seems this is not true. Look at this screenshot (directly from Crytek btw) comparing LOW, MEDIUM, HIGH, VERY HIGH settings all in DX10 mode; http://ve3d.ign.com/images/fullsize/18460/PC/Crysis

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software